.32 Winchester Special

PDA

Dr. Tad Hussein Winslow
November 19, 2008, 06:29 PM
I know basically bupkis about this cartridge but finally looked at one in person yesterday for the first time - man that is one heavy bullet @ 170 gr - looks almost identical to .30-30 win or 7-30 Waters, or maybe just the brother who doesn't work out. :) Anyone use this round? Looks like it'd be a great deer killin mo-sheen. What's a brief history? It must be more popular than I had surmised, being found in a big box store with very limited shelf space for ammo.

If you enjoyed reading about ".32 Winchester Special" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Blacksmoke
November 19, 2008, 06:50 PM
The .32 Winchester Special was introduced with the Model 94 as an alternative cartridge that could be hand loaded with black powder. There were those people in them days who were not convinced smokeles powder was here to stay. The .32 Special (smokless) ballistics are very close to the .30-30.

The above is from "Cartridges of the World". I forget the author's name.

MMCSRET
November 19, 2008, 07:05 PM
I own and use two 32WS, one late model Win 94 and a 336A Marlin from 1949. Great guns and a great nostalgic and very viable big game cartridge.

If you enjoyed reading about ".32 Winchester Special" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!