Model 1903 Mainspring

PDA

lencac
November 19, 2008, 08:11 PM
Ok guys, who has the best mainsprings for a few 1903's?
Here's a pic for your viewing pleasure :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Model 1903 Mainspring" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Abndoc
November 19, 2008, 08:13 PM
You might try Brownells or Wolf springs.

lencac
November 19, 2008, 09:10 PM
Thanks Abndoc .......... I couldn't remember the name of the company.

shinz
November 20, 2008, 06:23 AM
Hi Lencac, sorry for the wee highjack, but what sort of safeties are those you have on them? I like the look of them. The rifles are pretty nice too.:)
Steve

lencac
November 20, 2008, 11:39 AM
Shinz you can get those low scope safety at Numrich Gun Parts Corp. They are listed for any of the 1903 models.

shinz
November 22, 2008, 06:40 AM
Thanks for this Lencac, unfortunately I couldn't find them for looking, :confused:
any chance you can put up a link?:o
Thanks,
Steve

SlamFire1
November 22, 2008, 11:15 AM
Try this

http://www.gunsprings.com/RifleShotgun/Springfield_RsNF.html

Having replaced a bunch of old mainsprings, I can recommend the lightest mainspring Wolff makes, the 20 pound spring. I have installed heavier, but the bolt lift becomes objectionable. I have a 30 pounder in one rifle, the force of impact is so much that the cocking piece nose is peened.

As a general rule, old mainsprings are a shadow of themselves. I regularly replace them with new mainsprings, and I can tell the difference in lock time and trigger pull.

lencac
November 22, 2008, 12:52 PM
I don't see them there any more ..... sorry:confused:

lencac
November 22, 2008, 12:53 PM
I think I saw them somewhere else though ... if I remeber I'll post here again

If you enjoyed reading about "Model 1903 Mainspring" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!