Armed for Christmas for under $250?

PDA

Newt
November 20, 2008, 12:33 PM
Ok, so I have an option to get a new rifle for Christmas. I can get a hunting related item (treestand, etc.), some other non-hunting/shooting related item or several small items. I'm not really in the market for an SKS or the like. I had a Yugo at one time, and ended up selling it. Looking more along the lines of EBR or heavy barrel 22. The line in the sand has been drawn at $250.

What rifles can I get? (CZ 452?) (Hi Point Carbine?) (10/22?)

Any other suggestions?

Lets hear it....

If you enjoyed reading about "Armed for Christmas for under $250?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hotlead
November 20, 2008, 12:45 PM
I have been looking at this .22

http://www.winchesterguns.com/prodinfo/catalog/detail.asp?cat_id=525&type_id=101&cat=018C

SimpleIsGood229
November 20, 2008, 12:49 PM
What immediately comes to mind is a Mosin. For that amount of money, you could have 2 or 3 cans of ammo (300 rounds, each) to go with it.

A .22 rifle or pistol are excellent choices, especially if you already have other rifles and pistols. For pistols, I like --love-- the Browning Buckmark.

Newt
November 20, 2008, 01:28 PM
A Mosin might be an option. Don't know a lot about them.

Good used bolt gun? Pawn shop?

zombienerd
November 20, 2008, 01:30 PM
Yeah you can find mosin's in most gun stores, don't know about a pawn shop... You can also find them online, but most people advise against getting a mosin sight-unseen, as it may have been abused.

You can take a look a few of them at www.tickbitesupply.com under "firearms"

Just One Shot
November 20, 2008, 01:48 PM
Marlin model 60.......149.00

Bushnel scope.......34.95

53.00 (after taxes) left out of 250.00 to buy ammo.......PRICELESS!

:D

gunmaker2872
November 20, 2008, 03:12 PM
i advise that if you go with a mosin, look at it first hand, i bought one online and it was pure junk the bore was so rusted it was deemed unshootable, here in oregon big 5 has alot of good ones at a very fair price

If you enjoyed reading about "Armed for Christmas for under $250?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!