A thought...

PDA

Quoheleth
November 20, 2008, 02:06 PM
With all of the recent black rifle questions & comments, what if - even just for the time being (say, now through April, as I'm hearing the backlog in the AR market is about 6 months at this point) - you did a sub-forum in the Rifle forum on ARs. Call it what you want - EBRs, Semi-Autos, "AR/AK/SKS" - something along those lines. I know you don't want a plethora of sub-forums (would that be sub-forii?), but it might make the rifle forum easier to handle. That way folks searching the threads (and are either unfamiliar with "search" functions or are overwhelmed by the quantity of the search feature) have a more narrow place to search.

An idea...
Q

If you enjoyed reading about "A thought..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
cbrgator
November 20, 2008, 02:12 PM
I've asked this before and was shot down

Quoheleth
November 20, 2008, 02:24 PM
Doesn't hurt to ask again...esp with the last 2-weeks' traffic!

Sometimes acceptance of an idea is all in the timing.

Just ask Congress...:fire:

Q

cbrgator
November 22, 2008, 02:54 PM
See... nothing...

ArfinGreebly
November 22, 2008, 09:22 PM
Try a PM to the moderator in Rifles.

I know the guys are pretty busy . . . but what the heck.

Me? I wouldn't have a problem with it, but then I don't have to shovel the coal over there.

JImbothefiveth
November 23, 2008, 12:59 AM
and are either unfamiliar with "search" functions or are overwhelmed by the quantity of the search feature)
Maybe a sticky explaining how to use the search feature would be good, too. I'll sometimes search for the name of a thread, or the aproximate name of a thread, searching by thread title, and it will give me something that's title is completely different.

COMPNOR
November 23, 2008, 02:50 AM
The problem is the search function is all but useless.

When the mods tell you to use google to search THR, there's a problem.

Art Eatman
November 23, 2008, 11:26 AM
Isn't it pretty obvious from a thread title whether it's about EBRs or not?

How is it a mental strain to skip past threads about non-EBR cartridges/calibers, or those about (e.g.) Remchesters?

I moderate here, at dot-us and at TFL. I've never had the first sign of a confusulation. :)

JImbothefiveth
November 23, 2008, 12:55 PM
I wasn't referring to this EBR flood, just in general that the search engine seems confusing. (Or maybe it's messed up)

If you enjoyed reading about "A thought..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!