North Carolina. Hand Gun Sales to Private Party

PDA

Sullyman
November 20, 2008, 02:50 PM
I am contemplting sell my Colt .22 Nick D-back. I just moved to N.C. (Charlotte) What do I need to be aware of legally. Also what is the best and most secure avenue to advertise and sell it. might trade for a 1911 type. I don't want to get mugged selling it or do something not legal.

:confused:

Tanks
Sullyman

If you enjoyed reading about "North Carolina. Hand Gun Sales to Private Party" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
cuervo
November 20, 2008, 05:21 PM
The buyer has to have a pistol-purchase permit for the county he lives in, or a CCW. You do not have to keep his permit but you should make a bill-of-sale to be safe.

I can't speak for Charlotte specifically, but you could try the newsgroup triangle.forsale and maybe someone near Charlotte would see it or you might arrange a FTF with someone in the Raleigh area. You could arrange to meet in the parking lot of a gun store for the exchange. That should be pretty safe.

eng23ine
November 21, 2008, 11:45 PM
AFIK: you DO have to retain the buyers pistol permit as they are individually numbered and only good for one gun.

A bill of sale signed by both parties would also be a good idea.

Sullyman, PM sent.

If you enjoyed reading about "North Carolina. Hand Gun Sales to Private Party" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!