Anyone have a Glock w/ manual safety installed?

PDA

seeds76
November 20, 2008, 05:13 PM
Does anyone on here have a Glock with a manual safety installed? If so, did it affect the performance/reliability of the gun at all? Was it worth it?

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone have a Glock w/ manual safety installed?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
November 20, 2008, 06:09 PM
Yes.

I put a Cominolli Safety on my Model 23 some years ago.

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=5532&title=MANUAL%20SAFETY%20KIT%20FOR%20GLOCK~

It works perfectly, and it is now possible to "Mexican Carry" it loaded without worry of shooting my azz off.
I highly recommend them!

Here is another option that looks pretty good too:
http://www.siderlock.com/eng/siderlock.html

Now, lets hear it from the "You don't need no steenk'n safety on a Glock" crowd! :neener:

rcmodel

jocko
November 20, 2008, 06:20 PM
I prefer the siderlock . No modification needed and to me is where is should belong. also adaptable for right or left hand shooters. You don't have to order it as a RH or LH trigger either. You can install it yourself.

Siderlock.com

top quality, not a plastic trigger.

As I am not a LEO, i do like that added safety feature. U don't have to use that feature as the SAF action system still funcion 100%.

Lone_Gunman
November 20, 2008, 06:33 PM
I have heard that Glock makes a model with a manual safety for sale in some markets, or as a request on large orders. I would love for them to offer that as an option here. Its the only thing I can think of that would make a Glock even better.

Geezer Glide
November 20, 2008, 09:11 PM
"You don't need no steenk'n safety on a Glock" :D:D:D

I'm OK with the safeties that came on my Glock but to each his own.

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone have a Glock w/ manual safety installed?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!