"2A Recognition Act" -- Tax free gun sales in SC

PDA

John Wayne
November 20, 2008, 06:16 PM
Here's the story: http://www.wjbf.com/jbf/news/state_regional/south_carolina/article/south_carolina_to_have_tax_free_holiday_for_gun_sales/8754/

Makes me proud to live in South Carolina again. Just wish it applied to ammo too.

If you enjoyed reading about ""2A Recognition Act" -- Tax free gun sales in SC" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ny32182
November 20, 2008, 06:22 PM
First I've heard of it... that could save some real money if you happen to be in the market for a nice rifle that weekend. Good stuff.

hankdatank1362
November 20, 2008, 06:28 PM
Heard about it yesterday at the gun store... Unfortunately, the prices on everything cool has already risen so much, the tax break doesn't help much.

wacki
November 20, 2008, 09:37 PM
This is awesome. I've always thought they should make shooting ranges tax free to encourage people to develop their 'militia' skills. I could see something like that succeeding in TX or Montana.

wacki
November 20, 2008, 09:39 PM
But gun control advocates worry that removing the sales tax will, in fact, increase sales as intended and they think it should be harder to get guns, not easier.

hahahhahahahahha

I wish they gave the source of that "worry".

John Wayne
November 21, 2008, 12:30 AM
I agree that it won't make much difference in terms of saving money or persuading folks to buy a new gun.

I do think it's a great step towards cultural acceptance and better gun laws though.

If you enjoyed reading about ""2A Recognition Act" -- Tax free gun sales in SC" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!