Creme de La Rifle ???

PDA

Shawnee
November 20, 2008, 08:47 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y159/FiveO/pix315412265.jpg

Ruger 77 RSI 6.5x55

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=116223875

:cool:

If you enjoyed reading about "Creme de La Rifle ???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
paintballdude902
November 20, 2008, 08:48 PM
oooooooooooooo :eek:

i want!!!!!!!!!

too bad i just ordered an xl7:cuss::banghead:

gvnwst
November 20, 2008, 08:49 PM
Translations for the less schooled?:D

Nice rifle. It gonna be your next?

DRYHUMOR
November 20, 2008, 09:00 PM
Pretty spiffy.

Shawnee
November 20, 2008, 09:58 PM
Here is the start of the auction text...

Brand new in the box! This is the Ruger M77 RSI Internation limited edition by the Lipseys corporation. Only 250 will be produced. These feature the stainless action and barrel mounted on a full length mannlicher styled walnut stock. Beautiful gun with very limited availablility.

Anyone know Who/What is "the Lipseys corporation" ???? and why are they producing a limited run of Ruger RSI rifles ???

:confused:

ds92
November 20, 2008, 10:08 PM
Wow! that looks amazing! sorry I cant answer your questions. I had never been a fan of mannlicher styles until i saw rugers line and they looked great. Good luck bidding!

P.S. Paintball dude i'm sure you'll be happy with your xl7. i've heard a lot of good things about them.

modifiedbrowning
November 20, 2008, 10:12 PM
Anyone know Who/What is "the Lipseys corporation" ???? and why are they producing a limited run of Ruger RSI rifles ???

Lipseys is a big firearms distributor. I imagine they had Ruger do a special run for them.

Shawnee
November 20, 2008, 10:13 PM
Have owned #1 and M77 RSI models before and they are nice but weigh in as much as a longer rifle.

I probably won't bid on this one. It started at $750 with a $795 "buy now" and, being a "limited production", probably isn't the best idea for a "user" even if it is stainless. And anyway - I just bought a sweet Remmie Model Seven that is lighter than this Ruger.

bannockburn
November 20, 2008, 10:19 PM
Shawnee

Very nice looking; I've always been very taken with the full length wooden stock. Thanks for the info.

Shawnee
November 20, 2008, 10:42 PM
"Lipseys is a big firearms distributor. I imagine they had Ruger do a special run for them."

Ah ! That explains it. Thanks "Modfied..." !

In that case it isn't likely to have any real collector value.

But still, a Rem. Model Seven in .260 Rem. would be handier (albeit more "authoritative") for probably a tad less dinero.

Oh well - maybe another THR denizen will snap it up :)

praharin
November 20, 2008, 10:47 PM
http://www.lipseys.com/itemdetail.aspx?itemno=RUK77RSIMKII6.5&mfg=Ruger&family=77+Centerfire+Series

its actually a good deal, compared to lipsey's own price

madcratebuilder
November 20, 2008, 10:53 PM
I'm not a bolt action guy, but that is a nice looking rifle.

If you enjoyed reading about "Creme de La Rifle ???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!