Looking for Ruger Mini 30 ten round magazines

PDA

nefarmboy
November 20, 2008, 10:38 PM
I know they're hard to come by, but also have heard other people say that there are some out there that work.

I just got the rifle yesterday and was playing around with it (still haven't fired it). Even though it has an excellent ejector spring that shoots that little 5 round mag out in a hurry, I like the feel of popping the release with my thumb and pulling the mag out. I also know I'm gonna need a few more mags, whether they're 5 or 10 rounds. I'd prefer the bigger ones. Love the new Ruger 20 round mags for the 14 I bought on special and the way they feel when removing them.

What have you seen work? Good place to find them?

If you enjoyed reading about "Looking for Ruger Mini 30 ten round magazines" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
browningguy
November 20, 2008, 10:48 PM
Not sure what will be available now, but I have some promag steel mag's that work great. I also have some of the promag polymer mags that I don't recommend. They feed fine but they are heck to get in and out. Might check midwayusa.com and natchezss.com to see what is in stock.

Marlin 45 carbine
November 21, 2008, 10:58 AM
I bought some 'American' brand M30 10 rd mags off Gunbroker or AuctionArms one, can't recollect. they are available in s/s and fit and function 100%. ProMag 10's are available several places and come in nickle finish as well. also have the removable floorplate as factory.
bot good mags and ProMag has evidently come out with a better 10 rd mag for the M30 - that has some new features, I've seen them on PerfectUnion Mini page. (you should check that site out if you like the Mini)

nefarmboy
November 21, 2008, 10:11 PM
I checked out the Promags at Midway (feedback reports). Looks like people either loved 'em or hated 'em. No consensus on blued or nickel or polymer either. I guess for $25 you buy one and see if it works. If it does, buy another.

Thanks for the advice.

nefarmboy
November 21, 2008, 11:06 PM
Checked Perfect Union. Found this: http://www.perfectunion.com/vb/showthread.php?t=65656

mgregg85
November 21, 2008, 11:23 PM
I've bought some of the steel promag 30 rounders for my Mini-14 and they work with a bit of tweaking on the feed lips. Just be prepared to modify any aftermarket magazines you buy.

If you enjoyed reading about "Looking for Ruger Mini 30 ten round magazines" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!