My Obsession

PDA

retiredsgt
September 19, 2003, 12:06 AM
I believe that all of my No. 1's are capable of MOA shooting.
My latest edition is a No.1 S in .218 BEE. After Numerous different loads, I was able to get a consistent 1" group at 100 yds, using Hornady's 40 Gr. V-Max and Lil Gun at 3550 PFS. But I was not at all satisfied with the group. So, when I was headed up to Mich., to see my son and the family, we stopped at Cabellas in Dundee and I purchased a couple sets of David Tubbs Final Finish. One for my Bee, the other for my 270 Win. After shooting them through the Bee, I am now down to 1/2 to a 3/4" group. I still have to Tweak the load a little so I can get a one hole group. Today was rather rainy, so I shot the .270's in my No.1 B. After shooting the 50 rounds, you can noticibly feel the difference in the way the cleaning jag goes through the barrel. I'll keep y'all posted on my progress.:cool:

If you enjoyed reading about "My Obsession" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
tex_n_cal
September 24, 2003, 03:58 AM
I have also used Wheeler Engineering's fire lapping kits, with good luck on a #1 - .22-250.

And I have 4 #1's, myself.:D

retiredsgt
September 26, 2003, 10:11 PM
I shot some of my loaded rounds in my .270 this morning.
They grouped in 3/4" . Have to chronograph them, but appear pretty good.

tex_n_cal
September 27, 2003, 02:12 AM
That's pretty good, espcially if velocities work. I use Reloader 22 in my #1B .270, and it is not hard to keep 3 shots in less than an inch. Also no big trick to drive 130's at 3150+ fps:D

If you enjoyed reading about "My Obsession" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!