Price check on a Mini-14

PDA

Floppy_D
November 21, 2008, 11:23 AM
186 series, blued, wood stock, 2 30 rd mags and a factory 20. Includes the scope mount. in at least 95% condition. What's it worth?

If you enjoyed reading about "Price check on a Mini-14" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
HOME DEPOT GEORGE
November 21, 2008, 06:51 PM
I payed 450 for my series 180 a month ago, maybe a little high but the gun was mint not even a nick in the stock and if it's been fired at all I can't tell.

Floppy_D
November 21, 2008, 06:59 PM
No, sounds like you got a pretty good deal there. I've seen 'em on gunbroker for quite a bit more, just wanted to know. Part of me wants to sell mine to complete an AR upper build, and the other part of me wants me to be patient. I need to get my act together. :D

Neo-Luddite
November 21, 2008, 07:15 PM
Keep your mini--what is the thing WORTH or what could you GET in this market for it? Today, someone might toss down a little premium out of fear.

Put the AR upper on a credit card--then you'll have 2 rifles that eat .223/5.56

The mini has a little niche in our hearts. And now that Ruger has sold 20 rd mags to the citizen-at-large at last----we should grant amnesty to the little carbine. When AR's sold for TWICE what a mini did twenty years ago, and (many) couldn't compete in reliability under adverse conditions, the mini worked and soldiered on despite it's many limitations.

Floppy_D
November 21, 2008, 08:52 PM
I'm leaning that way. I like the Mini, it's just the paranoia taking over. I'm trying to not get sucked in. :(

Neo-Luddite
November 22, 2008, 12:23 AM
I'm trying to not get sucked in.

Get sucked in--REALLY sucked in--build the AR on credit AND keep your mini.

If you enjoyed reading about "Price check on a Mini-14" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!