Tarus Millinium

PDA

neal7250
November 22, 2008, 08:08 AM
I traded for a Tarus Milliniun in 40 cal. After aquiring it, I started hearing some bad things about the performance of it. I also have been hearing some good things about it.

Has anyone had experiences with these guns?

If you enjoyed reading about "Tarus Millinium" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
benzuncle
November 22, 2008, 09:39 AM
Neal, you have already acquired it? Have you fired it? I read the good, the bad and the ugly about each and every firearm I own on the forums. Out of the 4 handguns, I'm battin' 1000. One of them is the infamous Sig Mosquito; the other is the Taurus Millenium Pro PT-145. Both have been flawless shooters for me with over 1000 rounds through each of them. When reading the posts, be mindful of the actual owners and their specific comments both good and bad vs. those that heard from a friend of a friend of a friend that saw one in a gun shop but has never even held said firearm in his or her hand much less fired said firearm. If you have not fired your PT40, that would be a very good place to start. Good luck to you. Happy Thanksgiving!

moooose102
November 22, 2008, 11:56 AM
i agree, if you believed everything you read that was bad about a specific gun, you would own exactly zero guns. the plain truth of the matter is this. the guy that has trouble, tells everyone, the guy who is happy, tells a few close freinds. i have heard and read so much bad about taurus pistols after i bought mine (and my wife's) that it may have changed my mind if i had read it before i bought them. but with well over 1000 rounds through my 45, and less through my wifes, there have been no problems with them that have been the fault of the equipment. once, after cleaning them, i over lubricated both of them, and learned a valuable lesson. but how is that the fault of the equipment? now, i have just now sent back my magazines and the main recoil spring to be replaced for free because they were getting weak. so i am without my 45 as we speak (actually, it is upstairs, but i can not use it). i have to say, that i am almost constanly changing the ammo in the magazines. which shortens the spring life. i only have 2 of them,(at this point, but i need to buy more) and i carry different ammo that i practice with. so i swithch ammo a lot. i ccw this pistol. i really can not afford to practice with $1.00 a round ammo, so i use reloads. at the short distances that a self defense situation would happen, i know the poi will not be significant. anyway, just enjoy the gun and dont let what others have to say worry you. many of us are happy with our taurus's. visit www.taurusarmed.com

ryuu55
November 22, 2008, 07:53 PM
I have a PT145 Mil Pro (3rd Gen) its been a great gun, my everyday carry. Not one problem yet, & my buddy had a PT140 Mil Pro (2nd Gen) it has given him no problems, it is now his daily carry. For the price and size its hard to beat.............if you get a good one.

If you enjoyed reading about "Tarus Millinium" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!