Please pray for my family.

PDA

scythefwd
November 22, 2008, 03:26 PM
Mods - please don't delete this, but feel free to lock it. We need all the prayer we can get right now.

My aunt, grandpa, and two cousins were in a wreck with two semi's while driving their minivan on Halloween. My aunt broke her arm, ribs, and c2 vertabre. She has bruised lungs as well. My grandfather, the man of iron, broke his temple, eye socket, jaw, and scapula. Bruised lungs and frontal lobe of his brain. My 8 yo cousin has a diffuse axional injury (worst type of shaken baby syndrome). My 3 mo cousin didn't make it.

My aunt is home, and healing but in serious pain. My grandfather is in a nursing home and is feeding himself and moving around. My cousin is still going in and out of a coma.

This morning, the father of this family, my uncle, had a stroke. He is in an ICU and is bleeding into his brain.

I just ask for prayer for my family, we need all we can get.

Scythefwd

If you enjoyed reading about "Please pray for my family." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
unisonic12
November 22, 2008, 03:51 PM
This morning, the father of this family, my uncle, had a stroke. He is in an ICU and is bleeding into his brain.

That's not a stroke. A stroke is a blood vessel blockage. He had a cerebral aneurysm, which is when a blood vessel ruptures. :what:

scythefwd
November 22, 2008, 03:59 PM
I was just going by what I was told. I was told that he had a stroke and was bleeding in the brain. Don't take any offense, but the situation has not changed so there really was no point in nit picking the detail. The whole reason I said I didn't mind if the thread got locked was for this exact reason. I don't need to know people are praying for my family, I just hope they are and I really don't need grammar or spelling police correcting either right now, and there is next to nothing that will add to the request but there are many many many things that can and probably will be said or done that will not help one bit. I am a bit touchy right now, so please forgive me, but that comment did nothing to help. Thank you for the information, but at this time it really does nothing but add to my worries, not help them.

Larry Ashcraft
November 22, 2008, 04:26 PM
Scythefwd,

Our thoughts and prayers go out to your family.

qwert65
November 22, 2008, 04:28 PM
unisonic, your comment was insensitive and wrong. A stroke is any ischemic injury to the brain including hemmorage it's a layman term

rust collector
November 22, 2008, 04:29 PM
Your family has our thoughts and prayers. Please keep us posted.

Mossberg88
November 22, 2008, 04:30 PM
Regardless of specifics, rest assured that you & family alike are in my deepest prayers; I think I can say the same for most of the THR community. Keep your chin up.

Black Knight
November 22, 2008, 04:31 PM
They are in our prayers.

Flamer
November 22, 2008, 04:46 PM
They certainly have the prayers of my family and I.

And I do hope they get better soon.

scythefwd
November 22, 2008, 04:47 PM
qwert65,
While I thank you for your "backup" I would prefer that you not waste your time responding to comments like that. I can understand where he is coming from (I am the same way about computers, I have a very hard time letting usage of a term incorrectly (broke vs. not working as I want it to despite the fact that it was never designed to work that way vs. I am not willing to do what it takes to get it to work like loading the drivers). Thank you for your prayers, but there isn't any need to tell me that you are praying for my family... I'm not the one who answers them.

BP44
November 22, 2008, 04:50 PM
They are in our prayers

Geno
November 22, 2008, 04:50 PM
God bless. Try to find some peace-of-mind. It's going to be a very long haul, especially Re: those with acquired TBI (traumatic brain injury). I will keep you and your whole family in my prayers.

Doc2005

taprackbang
November 22, 2008, 04:51 PM
Prayers for you and yours, friend..

scythefwd
November 22, 2008, 05:01 PM
Doc2005,
You are more right than you realize. My wife stayed behind to help out when we went on Nov. 1. We kinda hoped to get back together sometime around Christmas (or earlier if they bring my cousin home and my uncle didn't have to be in two places at once (hospital for cousin and home for aunt). Now I hope that she is able to come home before Valentines Day. I hope there isn't any huge damage to my uncle, but that is 3 people who cannot take care of themselves in the same house (right now) and two of those three were the primary providers. Hell, I feel like I am deployed again... no telling when I will see my wife next (and coincidently I can't go back for a family emergency a-freaking-gin) for any extended time.

qwert65
November 22, 2008, 05:06 PM
apologies and prayers to the OP

armoredman
November 22, 2008, 05:29 PM
Prayers sent

expvideo
November 22, 2008, 05:42 PM
I have a family function tonight, so we will all pray for your family together. I can't imagine what you and your family are going through right now, but you have my deepest sypathy and prayers.

gvnwst
November 22, 2008, 05:46 PM
You will be in the prayers of my family. God bless.

BHP FAN
November 22, 2008, 05:47 PM
prayers up.

czhen
November 22, 2008, 05:50 PM
Prayers sent to your family

savage116
November 22, 2008, 05:54 PM
You and your family will be in my prayer's.

jackdanson
November 22, 2008, 06:05 PM
You and your family will be in my prayer's.

Same here

rdrancher
November 22, 2008, 06:12 PM
Scythefwd - Prayers sent for you and your family. God Bless.

rd

sm
November 22, 2008, 06:52 PM
Sending...

berrieberrie
November 22, 2008, 06:56 PM
Prayer sent. God bless, man.

guntotinguy
November 22, 2008, 06:57 PM
You have them..our prayers!

bikerdoc
November 22, 2008, 07:06 PM
Just put you and yours on the prayer list at church
God bless, talk to the hospital social worker and try to get home health services
Doc

David904
November 22, 2008, 09:17 PM
Damn... Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

scythefwd
November 22, 2008, 09:18 PM
Pat is speaking sense and mostly clearly. There is very little paralysis on the left side of his face. He cannot feel his right hand or foot. He is making sense though, which I take to be great news.

351 WINCHESTER
November 22, 2008, 09:23 PM
Prayer's just went up.

God bless you and your family.

Mike J
November 22, 2008, 09:46 PM
Prayer said. God Bless

Ringtail
November 22, 2008, 10:03 PM
You are in my prayers, keep us posted.

thirdeagle
November 22, 2008, 10:09 PM
done. . .and will repeat until further notice. . .

yongxingfreesty
November 22, 2008, 10:10 PM
prayers go out to your family. hope for the best.

scrat
November 22, 2008, 10:15 PM
For sure your family is in my prayers.

:(

Eagles6
November 24, 2008, 08:04 PM
Prayers for you and your loved ones.

Conqueror
November 24, 2008, 09:13 PM
That's not a stroke. A stroke is a blood vessel blockage. He had a cerebral aneurysm, which is when a blood vessel ruptures.
Please refrain from posting medical advice without medical training. Strokes can be ischemic or hemorrhagic. Aneurysms are outpouchings of a blood vessel and do not imply any bleeding at all. More importantly, the comment was just uncalled for in this thread.

OP, you're in my thoughts. Be well!

halfbreed808
November 24, 2008, 09:32 PM
mine and my families prayers are with you and your family.

woodfiend
November 24, 2008, 09:46 PM
I just prayed for you and your family. May God bless you.

XD Fan
November 24, 2008, 09:57 PM
I am praying for your family!

Hanafuda
November 24, 2008, 10:27 PM
scythefwd, your family will definitely be in my prayers. I lost my youngest child last year, he was 23 months old. Knowing what that loss is like, it does not surprise me to hear the father had a stroke. As I said I'll be praying for them.

nzo012
November 25, 2008, 02:46 AM
God be with you and family

Biker
November 25, 2008, 07:53 AM
My best...

Biker

mtcur3
November 25, 2008, 07:58 AM
My family is standing with you in prayer.

Just One Shot
November 25, 2008, 08:49 AM
May the Lord be with you and your family during these trying times.

Praying for you and yours.

God Bless!

6_gunner
November 25, 2008, 09:11 AM
You and your family will be in my prayers.

Farnorthdan
November 25, 2008, 11:36 AM
I'll send up a kite for your family and my deepest condolences. God never gives us more than we can handle, you will prevail.....

DS

Grizzly Adams
November 25, 2008, 11:37 AM
God Bless you and your family!

ridata
November 25, 2008, 12:10 PM
Praying for you and yours here.

kingpin008
November 25, 2008, 01:19 PM
We'll keep a good thought for sure. Stay cool, man.

Matrix187
November 25, 2008, 01:23 PM
All of them will be in my prayers. With due time they'll get better. The one who has passed is in a better place, and hopefully all of us will get to go up there eventually ;)

offthepaper
November 25, 2008, 01:23 PM
Prayers incoming.

RKBABob
November 25, 2008, 02:10 PM
I'll pray for you, too.

Man, what a turn of events your family has gone through...

Friendly, Don't Fire!
November 25, 2008, 02:18 PM
I pray for strength and wisdom for you and healing for the rest of the crew.

5knives
November 25, 2008, 04:33 PM
Prayers for your family members sent and continuing!

Prayers for rapid healing and recovery, and for those dealing with their loss already.

All the Best to you and yours!

tpaw
November 25, 2008, 07:13 PM
"This morning, the father of this family, my uncle, had a stroke. He is in an ICU and is bleeding into his brain."

unisonic writes:

"That's not a stroke. A stroke is a blood vessel blockage. He had a cerebral aneurysm, which is when a blood vessel ruptures."

Hemorrhagic stroke
"Hemorrhage" is the medical word for bleeding. Hemorrhagic stroke occurs when a blood vessel in your brain leaks or ruptures. Hemorrhages can result from a number of conditions that affect your blood vessels, including uncontrolled high blood pressure (hypertension) and weak spots in your blood vessel walls (aneurysms). A less common cause of hemorrhage is the rupture of an arteriovenous malformation (AVM) — an abnormal tangle of thin-walled blood vessels, present at birth. There are two types of hemorrhagic stroke:

Intracerebral hemorrhage. In this type of stroke, a blood vessel in the brain bursts and spills into the surrounding brain tissue, damaging cells. Brain cells beyond the leak are deprived of blood and are also damaged. High blood pressure is the most common cause of this type of hemorrhagic stroke. Over time, high blood pressure can cause small arteries inside your brain to become brittle and susceptible to cracking and rupture.

Subarachnoid hemorrhage. In this type of stroke, bleeding starts in a large artery on or near the surface of the brain and spills into the space between the surfaces of your brain and your skull. This type of hemorrhage is often signaled by a sudden, severe "thunderclap" headache. This type of stroke is commonly caused by the rupture of an aneurysm, which can develop with age or be genetically inherited. After the hemorrhage, the blood vessels in your brain may widen and narrow erratically (vasospasm), causing brain cell damage by further limiting blood flow to parts of your brain.

There are other strokes that bleed into the brain space as well.

scythefwd:

Your family will be in my prayers.

scythefwd
December 1, 2008, 09:32 PM
They are talking about letting my 8 yo cousin go home in a couple of weeks. My uncle is well enough to complain about everything. Good news all around.

2RCO
December 1, 2008, 09:34 PM
Rough deal-They have my prayers.

scythefwd
December 6, 2008, 10:07 PM
My 8yo is going home Thursday. She wrote her name, well what she goes by at least, today without prompting. She is now parroting other people, but not making much conversation on her own. This is a miracle. She went from not knowing if she will wake up to talking a little, walking on her own, and going home before Christmas. All this in a span of 5 weeks. Thank all of you. My uncle hasn't changed much, but he was never really super bad.

Ringtail
December 6, 2008, 11:05 PM
Outstanding! Don't forget to to thank God for your blessings. Hope you have a Merry Christmas!

ChCx2744
December 7, 2008, 03:44 AM
I hope your family can recover from this tragic incident. Sorry, but I'm not much of a religious person; However, I do still hope for your family's well-being.

Geno
December 7, 2008, 08:14 AM
This is good news. Children seem to make better TBI recovery than adults. There are many theories behind it all, but those are beside-the-point concerns for now. Just glad to hear that progress is being made.

Doc2005

Biker
December 7, 2008, 09:32 AM
Great news.

Biker

Dwight45
December 7, 2008, 09:42 AM
So sorry about your tsunami of bad fortune. Sometimes it goes that way for some of us, everything at once. How awful for you Bro. My prayers are with you.

Friendly, Don't Fire!
December 12, 2008, 07:58 PM
are with you and your family during this Christmas season!

Cyborg
December 12, 2008, 09:33 PM
scythefwd, all the best. Lost my Dad to a stroke summer of 07. Five weeks from healthy active 77 year old to riding back to San Antonio in a baggie in a - very pretty hand carved mesquite wood - box.

Unisonic, I second all that has been said about hemmoragic strokes. I am on warfarin therapy and will be for the rest of my life. I have to monitor my blood clotting time very carefully. If the time gets too low - i.e. close to normal - I run the risk of throwing a clot out of my heart. If it's out of the right side it will go straight to my lungs - it's called pulmonary embolism and is usually fatal. If I throw a clot out of the left side of my heart I risk ischemic stroke - the carotid artery is the first tap off the aorta - if it doesnt go up the carotid then I get to experience the fun of thrombosis somewhere else - liver, kidneys, all sorts of fun places.

If the clotting time gets too high I risk a hemorragic stroke. That's what ultimately killed my kid (7 years younger) brother. He was in liver failure and his blood wasn't clotting well at all. Something popped in his head and there was no way to make it stop.

These days I check my clotting time at home and can do it weekly. Helps to be able to adjust the rat poison (that's what warfarin started out as) in something more like real time. If I decide to take myself out I'll go drink a bottle of soybean oil - very high in vitamin K - and pig out on guacamole - avocadoes are also high in vitamin K - and go out quickly. I am not ready to move down the street from my folks - they're bunking at Ft. Sam Houston National Cemetary - just yet.

Please don't spout medical stuff unless you know for sure. Google "stroke" Lots of good stuff out there.

Again, scythefwd, all the best. Keep us posted.

DarkSoldier
December 13, 2008, 12:20 AM
scythefwd,

You and your family will be in my constant prayers. May God grant you strength and grant wisdom and skill to the Doctors and Caregivers.

Deepest respects,

DarkSoldier

Rogmatt
December 13, 2008, 06:16 AM
Praying for your entire family today!!
May God bless of of you.

U.S.SFC_RET
December 13, 2008, 06:33 AM
Love is action. THR is demonstrating it.

Will pray for you and your family.

God bless you.

4Freedom
December 13, 2008, 06:38 AM
May God bless them and help them through this catastrophic event. He has the power to help us through anything if we give our heart to him.

hillbill
December 13, 2008, 06:45 AM
ill be praying for your family because i know first hand from a bad motorcycle wreck in 1981 that if its the lords will, prayers will be answerd.

bikerdoc
December 15, 2008, 05:27 AM
still keeping you in prayer

SDDL-UP
December 15, 2008, 08:32 AM
Prayers inbound scythefwd.

wtfd661
December 15, 2008, 10:33 AM
God Bless you and your loved ones. Pray that your little one keeps healing and getting stronger.

zioze34
December 15, 2008, 10:39 AM
Brother that is the least I can do. Lord Bless your family

If you enjoyed reading about "Please pray for my family." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!