Is this Colt 6721 overpriced or what?

PDA

Lone_Gunman
November 22, 2008, 07:12 PM
http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=320963

Check out the above thread. I am confused about why he wants almost $3,000 for this rifle. He cites the Blue Book, but I am not sure the rifle he is selling is the same as what he is citing in the Blue Book. It looks like he has a 6721, which are still being made, and can be bought for around $1300.

He says the receive is stamped military/LEO only, but I don't think Colt was stamping recievers like that in 1994, which would have been before the AWB.

Is he confused? or am I confused? Or is it just a rip-off?

If you enjoyed reading about "Is this Colt 6721 overpriced or what?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
RyanM
November 22, 2008, 07:25 PM
It's a ripoff. A huge one. Also, I believe Colt stamps all of their guns military/LEO only. "Pre-ban" configuration doesn't necessarily mean that it was made before the ban. Could've just as easily been made after.

Lone_Gunman
November 22, 2008, 07:52 PM
I know Colt Sporters from before the AWB were not marked LEO only... I don't think started doing this until the ban when into effect. The fact that the rifle in the ad is stamped that way is suspicious to me.

RyanM
November 22, 2008, 08:40 PM
I mean all of the ones from the AWB and on, including after it sunsetted. At least some of 'em, anyway. For instance:

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/beta/storeproduct582.aspx

And I'm fairly sure that Colt limits 6721 sales to LE/military only, though some dealers break that rule. All civvies can "officially" get is MT6XXX series rifles, without the "evil" features. Like I said, "pre-ban configuration" only means it has a flash hider, bayonet lug, etc., not that it was actually made before 1994.

Edit: Oh, I just now saw that post where he says only 134 were made in 1994. Sounds like he's making stuff up to try and artificially inflate the value.

99% sure that any brand new manufacture 6721 you buy now will look just like that, and have the same "restricted" crap on it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Is this Colt 6721 overpriced or what?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!