One last Obama-motivated purchase....help

PDA

Carbon_15
November 22, 2008, 09:10 PM
I'm mostly a pistol kinda guy. My gun collection is probly split 70%-30% pistol to long gun. Handguns are for fun, rifles are tools to me. I have the requisite spread of shotguns and hunting rifles, and the obligitory ak and sks. For a while now I have had 3 rifles on my wish list. An M1 Carbine, M1 Garand and a Mini-30. I think I need to make a move on one of the 3. I have been saving for a Serbu Super Shorty, but it would just be a seldom shot novelty, So I'm bumping it from the list in favor of one of the rifles I have been wanting.
I probly want the Carbine (probly a new production Kahr/AO)more than the other 2, but I already reload and have guns in the other 2 calibers....
Any ideas?

No...I cant afford all 3 right now :p

If you enjoyed reading about "One last Obama-motivated purchase....help" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Afy
November 22, 2008, 09:28 PM
Historic WInchester .30 M1

gvnwst
November 22, 2008, 09:30 PM
I can't believe i am saying this,,, but, the M1. the 30 carbine is a hard to get cartridge, at least around here, and not all that graet.

karnaaj
November 22, 2008, 09:54 PM
You haven't really said what you want it for but from a practical standpoint I'd get the Garand. The carbine is fun for a while but the lack of accuracy is a real downer for me.

HOLY DIVER
November 22, 2008, 10:18 PM
mini-30 gets my vote

mtlucas0311
November 22, 2008, 10:28 PM
If it's one of those three, get the mini-14. The other two won't get a lot of heat due to their age and general appearance.

Rifleman 173
November 23, 2008, 12:47 AM
M-1 rifle for overall usefulness. Carbine in .30 caliber for light weight and maneuverability. You might think about an AK-47 type rifle and some magazines to be Obama's upcoming ban on high capacity mags and assault rifles.

Carbon_15
November 23, 2008, 01:28 AM
You might think about an AK-47 type rifle and some magazines
got it covered

orangeninja
November 23, 2008, 01:31 AM
Personally I don't think the M1 Garand will be banned, I say the carbine or mini 30 because those high cap mags will vanish.

November 23, 2008, 01:33 AM
Well, I say the M1 Garand. It has incredible historical value, and the day when they saw firearms in half without concern of historical value or rarity, you'll have one M1 Garand that won't be sawed in two.

RyanM
November 23, 2008, 01:36 AM
Get the Serbu! You'll never regret it. Worth every penny.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v116/syldssuf/serbu3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v116/syldssuf/serbu4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v116/syldssuf/serbu5.jpg

I may shoot it the least of my guns, but I always touch off a round or three at the end of every range session. It's definitely my absolute favorite "fun" gun.

bryanZ06
November 23, 2008, 01:36 AM
The M1 Garand is pretty high on my list. I'm planning on making a trip to the CMP South store and picking one out for myself soon.

armoredman
November 23, 2008, 02:35 AM
A Serbu with a scope, I almost choked...

Thin Black Line
November 23, 2008, 08:47 AM
I've had all 3 and like the M1 Garand the most. If the CMP gets more
political pressure in the near future as it did under Clinton, the currently
cheap Garand may become yet more expensive.

If you enjoyed reading about "One last Obama-motivated purchase....help" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!