AMT .45 Winchester Mag.

PDA

LightningMan
November 22, 2008, 09:50 PM
Hello to the forum, I was at a gun show today and came across a AMT .45 Win. auto mag. handgun w/200+ammo and was wondering whats the going rate on one of these? Like whats a good deal? And are they any good? How about opinions? Thanks for any replys in advance. LM

If you enjoyed reading about "AMT .45 Winchester Mag." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
bannockburn
November 23, 2008, 10:31 AM
LightningMan

That's a bit of a rare one there, as I don't think I've even seen one at any gun store or gun show I've been to all these years. I think the AMT (or IAI after a change in ownership), Automag IV was introduced in 1992. It was offered in .45 Winchester Magnum, as well as 10mm. Magnum, with a retail price range of $630 to $699. Weight was 64 ounces, barrel length was 6.5", overall length was 10.5", and I've seen magazine capacity listed as either 6 or 7 rounds. Last catalog listing I could find for this pistol was in 2002; I'm not sure when production finally ended or the company went out of business. I couldn't really give you a current price on the gun, but I do believe ammunition might be a little hard to come by. At least this particular offering comes with 200+ rounds, as I really couldn't find much of anything in .45 Winchester Magnum available online.

DWFan
November 23, 2008, 12:37 PM
www.reedsammo.com lists eight loads for the .45 Win Mag, up to and including a 300gr Hornady XTP-HP load

DWFan
November 23, 2008, 01:21 PM
you might want to check this thread...
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=391978&highlight=Automag+III

If you enjoyed reading about "AMT .45 Winchester Mag." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!