Who knows their Luger P08's?

PDA

onebigelf
November 22, 2008, 09:28 PM
I have a friend who was just left a Wartime Pickup, complete with the authorization letter. It is a 1938 marked commercial Luger P08, no Nazi markings. It's in excellent condition, with 2 original mags. It's in a fitted wooden case that was made post-war here in the US. The case has a slot for a second pistol, don't know what kind, that is not present. The second pistol is similar in that it has a naked barrel like the Luger, but a more upright grip, and, judging from the width of the space for the magazine compared to that for the luger mag, was in a smaller caliber, possibly 9mm kurtz (.380). Any idea what kind of value something like this might have? She's going to send me some pictures, which I will post as soon as I get them, but I'd like to give her some kind of ball-park value range before someone talks her into a dumb deal before she knows what she has.

Thanks,

Johnn

If you enjoyed reading about "Who knows their Luger P08's?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jonnyc
November 22, 2008, 09:50 PM
I'd bet the other pistol was a P38. Lugers tend to go between $600 and $2000. Tough to be more accurate without pics and details.

gc70
November 23, 2008, 11:39 PM
When you get pictures, post them at the Luger Forum (http://www.lugerforum.com/) and you will get some very sound estimates of the gun's value.

If you enjoyed reading about "Who knows their Luger P08's?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!