Old 112
November 23, 2008, 03:17 PM
I will be parting with one of my Model 38 Huskies in order
to finance a modern 6.5.
It will be wood and blue.

I have done a search on this sight, and have found some
useful information.
Now, I would like some of your experiences with either,
especially pertaining to: Accuracy(129 to 160gr.)
Reliability
Fit and Function
Field Use and Carry
Twist Rates
Powder and Bullet preferences
Ect.

I guess I am looking for my own "Sticky".

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Old 112

If you enjoyed reading about "Tikka and CZ 6.5x55" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jkingrph
November 23, 2008, 03:51 PM
I do not have a "modern" 6.5. I have 2 cz's a 375H&H Safari American, and a little 22 Hornet. both are excellent shooters, fantastic wood for standard grades.
They are all metal and wood, except for magazine follower on the hornet.

I understand the magazine on the Tikka is plastic, and expensive, although I have never seen one to be absolutly sure.

Fit and finish on the CZ is good. Accuracy is excellent and I like the standard set trigger for more deliberate precision shooting.

one eye joe
November 23, 2008, 05:52 PM
I have a CZ American. Fit and finish-very good, trigger-excellent, accuracy-extremely good. Mine is a few years old, and I understand that they have reworked the stock a little. It feels good, but is a hair thick in the stock (I prefer the Ruger 77 feel). Haven't shot anything haevier than 129 grain. 120 Nosler Ballistic Tips went into 3/4@3000+fps using either IMR4350 or RL22. 129 grain Hornady's are going into about 7/8" using RL22. Haven't cronographed it yet as I am still playing. I take it back, I have shot 139 grain Lapua factory loads and they were in the 1/2" range. Overall, I am very happy with it. I looked at the Tikka and just can't warm up to it although I understand that they are very accurate and well liked by their owners. Probably can't go too far wrong either way. Just pick your poison and have fun. :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Tikka and CZ 6.5x55" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!