Need source for Saeco Tru Speed powder hoppers

PDA

willienels
November 23, 2008, 08:40 PM
I have two Saeco Tru Speed powder measures that need powder hoppers. One is missing and the other is stripped. I have been holding the stripped one in place with tape for a couple of years. I don't like this design because the hopper tends to keep getting loose and eventually strips because of all the re-tightening and wear on the plastic threads. Any ideas for improvising?

If you enjoyed reading about "Need source for Saeco Tru Speed powder hoppers" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
willienels
November 25, 2008, 02:57 PM
Bump to top

Oscar Orum
November 10, 2010, 12:43 PM
Anyone have help on this? The Hopper is about 7 1/2 inches O.D. is 2.0 inches.

willienels
November 18, 2010, 04:50 PM
Oscar Orum,
I never did get any help on this subject. Had some suggestions about how to make a hopper, but nothing that was within my capabilities. I still use my Saeco, but the hopper is held in place with packaging tape wrapped around the base. Let me know if you find a source.

Oscar Orum
December 29, 2010, 11:54 AM
not a word. I am seeking reserviors and a rifle drum assembly. Can you help on this? There were two heights of the reserviors.

CollinLeon
February 2, 2012, 04:35 PM
I have a SAECO Tru Speed powder measure also. It's a nice looking piece of classic equipment. I don't use it much since I have a Dillon press, but it would be nice to be able to use it for initial load development. I recently tried using it for a rifle cartridge and determined that it can't drop enough powder. After a bit of research, I learned that there is a rifle drum that was available for it. I have to doubt that I'll ever find one of those though.

If you enjoyed reading about "Need source for Saeco Tru Speed powder hoppers" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!