winchester .22

PDA

hotlead
November 23, 2008, 11:01 PM
I am really thinking about buying a Winchester Wildcat Target/Varmint .22 rifle.

http://www.winchesterguns.com/prodinfo/catalog/detail.asp?cat_id=525&type_id=101&cat=018C

Anybody out there own/shoot one? What did/do you think about it?
I like the fact that it comes with a couple of mags and a 'target' barrel.

If you enjoyed reading about "winchester .22" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Red Tornado
November 23, 2008, 11:56 PM
It's the Russian made Toz 78-01 with upgraded wood for the American market. Go over to rimfirecentral.com and check out the Russian forum. There are a lot of guys shooting them. The consensus seems to be that they're very accurate for the price and a good value all around.
RT

rangerruck
November 24, 2008, 04:19 AM
Red is completely right here; so you may wanna look for a TOZ model, the wood may be ugly, but it will be 50 dollars or more cheaper, generally. Also, it comes with 4 mags, and express sights, so very schwing.

garyhan
November 24, 2008, 11:52 AM
The only disadvantage to the Toz is that you won't find it on sale for $99 like I did my Winchester. It also came with 4 mags. Express sights would be nice though.

gary

If you enjoyed reading about "winchester .22" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!