Al Roker "Armed In America" MSNBC

PDA

7.62X25mm
November 24, 2008, 12:28 AM
Al Roker "Armed In America" MSNBC

I caught one episode of two. Pure hysteria, sensationalism, and trumped up reactionary outrage (sorta). There's no point, no thesis, no direction. Sort of like "Bowling for Columbine."

MSNBC programming is the dregs.

If you enjoyed reading about "Al Roker "Armed In America" MSNBC" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ignition Override
November 24, 2008, 12:47 AM
MSNBC is the dregs?

You are being too diplomatic.

With reporters such as Keith Olbermann whose bias against and contempt for anybody in the GOP is always transparent, and whose primary, if not secondary mission is to discredit anything on the Fox Channel, using the O'Relly Factor as the pretext, they are not engaged in professional jounalism.

By the way, which popular handgun uses that x25 ammo?
A diet high in carbines is a healthy lifestyle.

IncredibleGord
November 24, 2008, 12:49 AM
wow. :cuss:

7.62X25mm
November 24, 2008, 01:11 AM
With reporters such as Keith Olbermann whose bias against and contempt for anybody in the GOP is always transparent, and whose primary, if not secondary mission is to discredit anything on the Fox Channel, using the O'Relly Factor as the pretext, they are not engaged in professional jounalism.

It's spelled "O'Reilly" AKA "Bill O' The Clown."

Olbermann is fine. Rachel Madow is fine -- there's no pretext to present what they do as "news." They're really up front about doing biased political commentary. Unlike Fixed News.

But most of the time MSNBC is running re-runs it's run into the ground. "Lockup Raw" and "Caught On Camera" -- same, same, again and again.

Roker need to stick to cooking and the weather.

(O'Reilly, Hannity, and Rush, need to concede that they're doing stand-up.)

hankdatank1362
November 24, 2008, 01:12 AM
Got it DVR'ed @ 2AM. Gonna get some giggles from it, and then delete it, to save space for "The Shield" series finale on Tuesday.

Man, I live for The Shield.

lanternlad1
November 24, 2008, 01:15 AM
+1 about The Shield.
I have seen every. single. episode. Never miss it.
But I miss MSNBC every chance I get.

hankdatank1362
November 24, 2008, 01:17 AM
Seasons 1-5 on DVD, Season 6 saved on my computer from a torrent, and every episode from season 7 on my DVR. I wonder how I can get them from my DVR to my computer so I can burn them on DVD?

ETA: Nevermind, it's late and I haven't slept in two days. Finals coming up and all. Sorry abou tthe thread drift.

Hanafuda
November 24, 2008, 01:50 AM
yellow journalism was the norm in the founding fathers' day, and it has been ever since. the only difference is that somewhere along the line, the ignorant audience became so trusting of the message that journalists were able to claim 'objectivity' with a straight face.

Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper. .. T. Jefferson

Here's another Jefferson quote I found that I'm very fond of ..

Always take hold of things by the smooth handle.

If you enjoyed reading about "Al Roker "Armed In America" MSNBC" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!