A suggestion for the forums.

PDA

Paladin_Hammer
November 24, 2008, 09:22 PM
Have you ever thought about using "sub-forums"? "Rifle Country" is so packed all the time that threads disappear minutes after they were made. Heck, right now over 600 users are logged into it.

Just using sub-forums like "accuracy", "buy it?", "hunting", "targets", and "pictures", or other places for specific information regarding Rifles would cut down on the clutter immensely.

If you enjoyed reading about "A suggestion for the forums." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
kingpin008
November 25, 2008, 05:52 PM
No offense, but you've been here for only a few months, and have only a few posts. The forums have been set up the way they are for quite a while, and are working pretty well for most users. I suggest spending a little more time on the board, and seeing how things grow on you.

Usually simplification is the key to confusion, rather than adding more and more sections and choices.

nalioth
November 25, 2008, 06:05 PM
Try clicking the "New Posts" link at the top of the forum when you visit.

Larry Ashcraft
November 25, 2008, 06:54 PM
Actually, probably not a bad idea. I had never noticed how busy the Rifle forum is. There's more traffic there than GGD! The problem would be how to split it up. Tactical, Hunting and Target rifles maybe? Bolt, Semi-Auto and Single shot? Either way still leaves a lot of overlap and confusion.

But, the staff is taking care of more pressing matters right now. We may look into it in the future.

Quoheleth
November 25, 2008, 10:01 PM
I had the same thought.

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=407649

No joy...

Q

Art Eatman
November 26, 2008, 06:53 PM
If you put the pointer on a thread title, the first line of the opening post is shown. It's commonly quite obvious as to the type of rifle involved.

For now, that's about the easiest way to separate rifle types.

IOW, give us some time to mumble around about the idea.

If you enjoyed reading about "A suggestion for the forums." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!