Hornady Announces Release of Leverevolution Bullets!

PDA

Coltdriver
November 24, 2008, 11:50 PM
Hornady has announced the availablility of the Leverevolution Bullets, known as the FTX line.

Sounds like they are talking availablity in 2009.

http://www.hornady.com/story.php?s=789

I am looking forward to some of these:D

If you enjoyed reading about "Hornady Announces Release of Leverevolution Bullets!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
NCsmitty
November 25, 2008, 12:07 AM
That is good news. I sure want to try the 30-30 bullets. Just hope they are reasonably priced. Thanks for the heads up Coltdriver.

NCsmitty

Strongbad
November 25, 2008, 12:43 AM
Yup. Just noticed that they have the bullets for the 500 S&W listed on Midway now with an availability date of 11/28. :D WOOHOO! Been waiting a couple of years for them in component form. Should improve the trajectory of my 500 a fair amount.

ArchAngelCD
November 25, 2008, 03:38 AM
Thanks for the heads-up. That's good news and it's about time they released them. (I know all their supply had to go to manufacturing factory ammo first! LOL)

It's just too bad a .357 Magnum bullet isn't on their current list! :mad:

Brillo
November 27, 2008, 09:57 AM
I went to the range last week with some 44 Mag Leverevolutions. For some reason I couldn't get any accuracy out of them at 100 yards in my scoped Win 1894. 6 inch groups for 5 rounds from a steady rest. I can get 3 inch groups consistently with my favorite handloads. Interestingly, they are rated with a muzzle velocity of 1410 fps. I got very consistent readings of just under 1800 fps using a 20 inch barrel. I know my chrony was right on because everything else I shot was consistent with previous efforts which was very close to book values. I would be very interested in hearing about other shooters' experiences. They were about $17 per box of 20 (incl. ship. Midway). By the way, some of my other rounds, besides being more accurate on this occasion, had better ballistic performance. I think that Hornady hasn't loaded these to the max. Possibly because they know that some folks will shoot them out of revolvers. I might be mistaken but I believe that Marlins, Winchesters, etc. lever guns can handle a bit higher pressure than the wheel guns. Someone let me know if this is not the case.

rcmodel
November 27, 2008, 01:22 PM
This is not the case.

SAAMI standard pressure spec for the .44 Magnum is 36,000 PSI, regardless of what they are shot in.

There is no "Rifle load" and "Handgun load" specification.

rcmodel

moooose102
November 28, 2008, 10:59 AM
YEEEEEHHHHAAAAA!!!!
now i can load up my own! to my own specs!

Ben Shepherd
November 28, 2008, 11:54 AM
There is no "Rifle load" and "Handgun load" specification.

Sorta. For those that don't know, the books that list different data are also using different COLs. Different case volume=different powder charge to achieve the same pressure.

moosehunt
November 28, 2008, 02:25 PM
I just wish they'd make those bullets in .25 caliber, somewhere around 110 or 115 gr, for my .25-35. I suspect there is no chance.

SSN Vet
November 28, 2008, 03:31 PM
I've been a waitin' for this day!

I just ordered the Wild Wild West trigger for my 336 Marlin....

now I can load up some premium performance long range .30-30 loads.

snuffy
November 28, 2008, 09:35 PM
Yep, and midway has them, at least the 160 30 cal.

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=468031

Not bad, only $27.00! Wish I had a lever gun---,,but I don't like lever guns!?:rolleyes:

If you enjoyed reading about "Hornady Announces Release of Leverevolution Bullets!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!