Single Action .22?

PDA

Hollenkatze
November 25, 2008, 03:00 AM
My friend's dad has a revolver he is trying to fix, but can't locate parts. Here is what the gun says:

Herter Waseca Minn
Single Action Cal 22 LR mod R12
Reck 8560 LAUF
Made in West Germany

Anyone know anything about the gun, where I could find parts, parts from other guns that would work, or a keyword I could use to search the web? He is looking for the two screws on the bottom of the trigger guard and the rear sight. Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Single Action .22?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
November 25, 2008, 01:43 PM
Herters was a very large mail order firm back in the 60's - 70's that catered to the outdoor & shooting - reloading crowd.

Your revolver was most likely made by Sauer & Sohn or Hawes, and stamped with the Herter's name.

Try looking under Hawes at GunParts.com:

http://www.e-gunparts.com/productschem.asp?chrMasterModel=1510zSMALL%20FRAME

rcmodel

Ron James
November 25, 2008, 07:08 PM
The Reck, R-12, small frame, 22 single action, manufactured by Karl Arndt Reck, Sportwaffenfabrik KG, Lauf/Pegnitz, Germany.:)

If you enjoyed reading about "Single Action .22?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!