Any Israelis in here?

PDA

MicroBalrog
September 19, 2003, 05:24 PM
I know I asked this before, but the amount of people on THR has increased dramatically, so who knows...

If you enjoyed reading about "Any Israelis in here?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
simon
September 19, 2003, 05:44 PM
Whats up brother? Hows the training going?
Know what you are going to do yet?

MicroBalrog
September 19, 2003, 05:45 PM
Know what you are going to do yet?

Armourer.:D
Probably some rear position (say, in Tel-Aviv)

AJ Dual
September 19, 2003, 06:29 PM
Slightly OT Micro, but you mentioned possible intent to immigrate to the U.S. someday.

"Armorer for the IDF", even if it really just means tons of paperwork and stuffing fresh pins and springs in the M-16's Uncle Sugar sends over there, would have one hell of a ring to it when put on an application to go work for Bushmaster or whatnot.

:D

MicroBalrog
September 19, 2003, 07:08 PM
Slightly OT Micro, but you mentioned possible intent to immigrate to the U.S. someday.

Unless the Knesset grows a brain and gives us better gun laws than yours... uh, scratch that, wait for me circa 2009 (after B.A.):D

even if it really just means tons of paperwork and stuffing fresh pins and springs in the M-16's Uncle Sugar sends over there

you got that right!:(

4v50 Gary
September 19, 2003, 08:01 PM
You're going to be an armorer? Wow! Now that's a fun job. No future unless you get into the gunsmithing aspect (like building target rifles) but still it's a lot of fun. :D

St. Gunner
September 19, 2003, 11:19 PM
MicroBalrog,

I have a buddy fixing to head that way in the next few weeks. He lives here in Texas, but is going to Israel to become a Rabbi. He has some questions about a few things over there, i'd like to send him your email if that would be ok. He has been trying to get an answer on some gun questions and some other stuff and can't find any answers in English. Would you be willing to help him out as much as you can.

He has been a good friend and he is pretty upset at the prospect of loosing all his guns, he just recently put 19 on consignment. He wants to find a way to keep some of the stuff he still has, but doesn't know how to go about it; or if it is even possible.

shooten
September 19, 2003, 11:55 PM
I've got a cousin that just left the army. He lives in Haifa. Good luck to you.

Scott

MicroBalrog
September 20, 2003, 05:17 AM
He wants to find a way to keep some of the stuff he still has, but doesn't know how to go about it; or if it is even possible.

Rifles over .22 - you can have only one, and then only if you volunteer for the Civil Guard for several years and work as a sniper.

Handguns - only for sportsmen, security guards, ex-military officers (Captain and up IIRC), inhabitants of "danger zones", taxi/bus drivers and long-time civil guard volunteers. I think it's the full list of reasons. Only 1 handgun for most of these.

Shotguns - only 2, only if you're a hunter/sportsman.

Airguns - NO.

Get licensed first (may-issue), then find a way to import your gun through a licensed dealer.:banghead:

My email - karpa@netvision.net.il

St. Gunner
September 20, 2003, 10:57 AM
Micro,

Thanks for the info and email, I just sent it to him. You sir are a gentleman and scholar. I'm sure you'll be getting an email soon, I know he has a host of questions about some things.

MicroBalrog
September 20, 2003, 11:00 AM
You sir are a gentleman and scholar.

Just because I'm aware of the fact that I don't qualify for a gun license?:what:

St. Gunner
September 20, 2003, 11:10 AM
Hey anyone who can decipher the gibberish government laws entail is a scholar, anyone who can explain them without cursing and screaming is a gentleman.

So yes you are.

:D :D :D

Skunkabilly
September 20, 2003, 11:31 AM
No, but I can play Hava Nagila on the banjo....

BryanP
September 20, 2003, 11:50 AM
No, but I can play Hava Nagila on the banjo....

Urk.

Skunk, that ties for the most obnoxious thing I've ever heard done to that song. A friend of mine tortures us by breaking out in either Hava Nagila or Ave Maria - each to the others tune. It's some how just soooo wrong.

Interesting info in this topic, BTW. It definitely reminds me that I have it pretty good down here in TN, gun-law wise.

If you enjoyed reading about "Any Israelis in here?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!