Opinions on Skyy pistols?

PDA

Deus Machina
November 26, 2008, 09:04 AM
Looking for a pocket 9mm, since I can't always carry my S&W.

I know enough to stay away from the Pheonix brands and such, but never seen a Skyy in person.

Anyone have experience they'd like to share?

If you enjoyed reading about "Opinions on Skyy pistols?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
bang_bang
November 26, 2008, 09:13 AM
Looked and felt like the Keltec 9mm, just with a better trigger and a safety. The model I handled had a factory design flaw with the safety, the slide would catch it when fired and push it to "Safe" but looked and felt fine.

I think they've fixed this by now, this was an early production model. Be sure that the "Safe" is closest to the slide, while "Fire" is furthest from the slide.

Deus Machina
November 26, 2008, 09:23 AM
The lever position, not the printing, I'm assuming? The picture I see here looks like the lever covers one when it moves.

PX15
November 26, 2008, 09:39 AM
FWIW:

"Google" SKYY (SCCY), or use the search function on any of the various firearm forums and you'll probably get your answer.

Personally I just don't care for an external safety on a DAO firearm, especially one that is designed poorly and can be accidentally activated when shooting, but that's just personal choice.

Additionally any resolution of a safety problem on a firearm that involves paper clips makes me nervous. :barf:

Research is a good thing. :)

Best Wishes,

Jesse

1 old 0311
November 26, 2008, 10:10 AM
The World needs ANOTHER Kel Tec?

If you enjoyed reading about "Opinions on Skyy pistols?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!