Stevens 87A 22

PDA

roker
November 26, 2008, 03:23 PM
Man this is close to a tack driver for a 40's rifle! I did a complete clean job on it & noticed one of the ejector rods would not move. It has two. Anyone know if they both should move? I get a failure to eject the casing now & then. Thanks!:eek:

If you enjoyed reading about "Stevens 87A 22" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
NCsmitty
November 26, 2008, 05:06 PM
I've always liked those Savage-Stevens models with the locking bolt for shooting shorts and such. I don't have an answer to your question but I checked E-gun parts for a schematic link.

http://www.e-gunparts.com/productschem.asp?chrMasterModel=089Zz87A

NCsmitty

ken22250
November 26, 2008, 05:21 PM
not quite sure, the one on my glenfield M25 doesent, and my 1920-1920's stevens buckhorn 53b doesent have them,

ken

USSR
November 26, 2008, 08:00 PM
I did a complete clean job on it & noticed one of the ejector rods would not move.

roker,

Ejector rods? I have a pre-war Model 87A, but I don't know what "rods" you are referring to. There are two extractors, one on each side of the bolt.

Don

If you enjoyed reading about "Stevens 87A 22" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!