SKS M59/66 questions

PDA

RoxboroRedneck
November 26, 2008, 05:33 PM
Today I acquired 2 m59/66 SKS's. One is made by Interordinance America and the other by PW Arms. First off what would be the value of these 2 rifles? The man owes me money and the rifles are better than the nothing I was going to get.

Secondly is there any way to convert them to a detachable magazine that would be found in a normal SKS/AK?

Thanks in advance

If you enjoyed reading about "SKS M59/66 questions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mdThanatos
November 26, 2008, 05:42 PM
TAPCO is offering detachable magazines that are supposed to work with their stock replacement they offer as well. The problem with trying to change things on the SKS is you have to change a certain number of parts in order to stay legal. Value depends on condition of course but prices have been going up on them, I bought mine 4 years ago for 175 but have seen them from the same store at 300 recently.

MD_Willington
November 26, 2008, 07:58 PM
If you go down the tapco swap out road you need to keep the rifle 922r compliant as posted above.

For what they are, they work PDG just left as is.

mr..plow
November 26, 2008, 08:07 PM
Depends on conditiopn of the gun...anywhere from $150-$300 just depends on condition..

Putting a aftermarket mag is normally looked at as a downgrade by the SKS owners community..

Frog48
November 26, 2008, 08:20 PM
The Tapco magazine is the only detachable SKS mag even worth considering, because its relatively reliable. All others are junk and NOT reliable (been there, done that).

With that said, the original 10 round fixed mag still works better than anything.

Ignition Override
November 26, 2008, 08:31 PM
RoxboroR:

Many SKS enthusiasts can help you at "SKSboards".
Along with some here on THR, many of those people are probably experts.

I know a guy in my area who has owned about sixty SKS.

zoom6zoom
November 26, 2008, 08:55 PM
One is made by Interordinance America and the other by PW Arms.
Those are the importers, not the manufacturers. The 59/66 was built in Yugoslavia.

If you enjoyed reading about "SKS M59/66 questions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!