Win model 70 in 270WSM

PDA

pwatts2
November 26, 2008, 11:09 PM
I have an unusual problem with a Win model 70 in 270WSM Ultimate Shadow in stainless and I would like to see if anyone else with this rifle has a similar problem. The fired brass from my gun has a ring around the case about .300 from the base that is about raised about .003. My brother-in law has an identical gun bought 6 months later and at a different store that does the same thing. I have been told by a very astute shooter that it is probably an excess headspace problem. If anyone has a similar problem with this gun I would like to hear about it and any solution and or trouble with it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Win model 70 in 270WSM" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Duckbill
November 27, 2008, 09:14 AM
I had the exact same problem with the exact same gun and cartridge several years ago. I know it was heavily debated, but I don't remember a solution. As a handloader, it created a real problem. I sold the rifle to a guy who shoots factory fodder. I don't think there was a headspace problem, though.

If you enjoyed reading about "Win model 70 in 270WSM" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!