About those want ad's

PDA

M203Sniper
November 27, 2008, 01:02 AM
Do you feel it would be "Courteous" to post links if you have it for sale in more than one Discussion Board or online auction site.

The first thing I check is the Want ads (mostly because the boards don't have a comics section) I just thought it would be a good idea because I see a whole lot of people selling the same item on multiple boards, as well as an occasional Gun Broker auction.

Your thoughts?

If you enjoyed reading about "About those want ad's" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
nalioth
November 27, 2008, 01:07 AM
I usually just include a blurb in the text that goes something like this:
This item listed on multiple forums.

Not really sure what you're asking.

M203Sniper
November 28, 2008, 02:47 AM
Do you feel it would be A good idea to REQUIRE links if you have an item for sale in more than one Discussion Board or online auction site.

Fixed the Question.

I think it would be nice.

Just asking.

MacPelto
November 28, 2008, 12:56 PM
Nope.

welldoya
November 28, 2008, 01:54 PM
Actually, I think it's bad form to post an item for sale on more than one board at a time. How do you decide who gets it ? Whoever says "I'll take it" first ?
Meanwhile whoever said "I'll take it" on one board thinks he got it when it's really going to go to somebody else on another board. I think it causes confusion.

nalioth
November 28, 2008, 03:39 PM
Actually, I think it's bad form to post an item for sale on more than one board at a time. How do you decide who gets it ? Whoever says "I'll take it" first ?
Meanwhile whoever said "I'll take it" on one board thinks he got it when it's really going to go to somebody else on another board. I think it causes confusion. This is why you include instructions in your sales ad.

Mine usually say something like If you want it, post "I'll take it" in this thread and PM me. PM with the earliest time stamp gets it.

We have a language at our disposal, and we should use it effectively.

w_houle
November 29, 2008, 11:05 AM
As you can see here (http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=317688): those shenanigans don't go over too well!

nalioth
November 29, 2008, 11:42 AM
As you can see here (http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=317688): those shenanigans don't go over too well!I've sold dozens of items that have been listed on multiple boards, and never had a problem.

Seems like a disgruntled kid to me.

He even admits he threw his fit "because he was mad".

w_houle
November 29, 2008, 02:03 PM
I didn't post it to point out anyone being at fault, it's just an example that was fresh in my mind as to things not going smoothly.

nalioth
November 29, 2008, 02:07 PM
Things can go to blazes in an instant on single forum want ads, too.

If you enjoyed reading about "About those want ad's" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!