Extremely bad idea: Muay Thai vs Boar.

PDA

Hoplophile
November 27, 2008, 12:26 AM
So, basically, I'm not going to be PC in this topic. Please realize before I start that I DO respect the animal and DO intend to use the meat thereof, should I ever do it.

So, basically, I saw people hunting wild boar with only knives. That's insane, but not insane enough. I got to wondering whether I could put my martial arts skills to good use and literally kick one into unconsciousness with my feet. My Thai kicks are brutal and would almost certainly break a boar's rib (or am I underestimating how strong their bones are?).

Could it be done? I don't intend to try, but it'd be nice to know that I could. I wouldn't try for fear of being inhumane. Has anyone here hunted boar with a knife? Is it worth the experience?

If you enjoyed reading about "Extremely bad idea: Muay Thai vs Boar." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
nalioth
November 27, 2008, 12:28 AM
A friend of mine goes after them with a mounted bayonet on the end of his Mosin-Nagant M91/30.

If you go after them with your feet, they're gonna eat you.

Maelstrom
November 27, 2008, 12:55 AM
Did someone just ask if he could kick a pig to death?

Cuda
November 27, 2008, 12:58 AM
Good luck. If you want to kill an animal kill it quick, don't beat/kick it to death.

W

psyopspec
November 27, 2008, 01:32 AM
Let's say you did, and everything goes as planned. What did you just prove?

Let's say you did, and the critter(s) got the best of you? You've just proven what a lot of people reading this are thinking; anyone who took martial arts to wild game and lost would be receiving their comeuppance.

jpatterson
November 27, 2008, 01:34 AM
I was in the ring with a guy who was very proficient in Muay Thai. Let's just say I left with a busted lip and a black bruise the size of a bowling ball on my thigh (Muay Thigh?). I wouldn't call it humane whatsoever, and I imagine you'd have some war wounds too, but I think it could possibly be done.

WardenWolf
November 27, 2008, 01:52 AM
I'll put it this way: you invested all that time and effort into your body. Do you want to very likely wreck it by going up against an animal that outweighs you, has a nasty temper and an even nastier bite, and is protected by a thick layer of fat? All so you can prove you're tougher than a dumb pig?

Shoot the thing and be done with it.

Loomis
November 27, 2008, 02:23 AM
What makes you think a wild pig is going to let you close to his ribs? All you're ever going to get close to is his teeth and his shoulders.

I would suggest you try kicking something a little less dangerous and work your way up to a boar. Try kicking a tame sheep first. Then a donkey.

Personally, I think a donkey will stomp the daylights out of you.

Sinixstar
November 27, 2008, 02:54 AM
If you do decide to do this, please make sure you videotape it, and post the results. :D

that being said - this is a very very, VERY bad idea.
There is a chance that you would be successful, but there is a PROBABILITY that you will get, as we like to say on the interwebs "pwn3d"

Girodin
November 27, 2008, 03:00 AM
since you dont want this thread to be PC I wont be either. I have trained and fought muay thai. I have broken peoples ribs with kicks (and knees). I will be blunt. Trying to thai kick a boar is one of the stupidest ideas I have ever read. You either don't understand muay thai or boars and possibly both. Boars have tusks and charge. It is bloody unlikely that you could kick a charging boar in the head, even under the best of circumstances. You would have exactly one chance to land that kick and then you'd be toast. A cut to your femoral artery in the wilderness could literally cause your death and is much much more likely than you incapacitating a boar with a thai kick.

Even if you could do it, which I highly doubt what the hell would the point be? Seriously. Kicking an animal is not hunting sporting humane or respectful (despite your protest). If you are looking to prove your self a tough guy go do some thai fights.

As to hunting boars with knives, that typically involves the use of catch dogs such as Dogos, Ambulls, and pits and often another person to leg the thing. They are not just going after a boar with a knife (at leat not that I have seen) and its not really insane if you have sound catch dogs. I did see I guy try to catch a boar via jumping on it when it was bayed up. He got his leg sliced open pretty good.

If you are looking to prove your self a tough guy go do some thai fights. If you ever really try to kick a sizable wild boar tape it so I can watch it when it makes its way onto one of those caught on video shows.

grimjaw
November 27, 2008, 02:13 PM
April Fools day is a long way off to be asking this kind of question.

The pig likely doesn't fear prosecution for gutting you and leaving you for dead. That's enough deterrence for me right there.

jm

moosehunt
November 27, 2008, 02:13 PM
Go for it! I'd love to hear the results--and see them! You mention breaking ribs--I don't think will get the job done. I would think you would have to go for the head. Broken ribs don't much stop living critters, including humans--they just hurt like hell. Have fun!

sherman123
November 27, 2008, 02:37 PM
All this talk about kicking boar's asses is cracking me up. But seriously don't do it not only inhumane but it probably wouldnt be the boar getting a beating.

sbarkowski
November 27, 2008, 02:48 PM
lol! first off, dont do it. For your well being and the pigs'. Second, if you do please video tape it cuz I've gotta see this..

Coronach
November 27, 2008, 02:51 PM
If you try it, let us know. My money is on the boar.

Mike

SwearNoAllegiance
November 27, 2008, 09:28 PM
I will buy you a case of beer if you do this!!

It would also make a kick ass youtube.

WardenWolf
November 27, 2008, 09:38 PM
This goes right up there with the Ghost Shirts (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_Shirts). In other words, Muay Thai does NOT make you immune to a boar.

JImbothefiveth
November 27, 2008, 09:53 PM
A broken rib probably wouldn't stop a boar, and a pig probably has a thicker skull and smaller brain than a human, so head kicks wouldn't work well. And, if you are close enough to kick him, he can probably hit you with his tusks,(Never bring martial arts to a knife fight) or at least hit your leg.

And the pig will have a weight advantage, of course.

So, basically, I saw people hunting wild boar with only knives.
Don't they also use dogs?

My Thai kicks are brutal
I think you'll break your shin before you knock out a boar.

theken206
November 27, 2008, 09:55 PM
lol at low round kicking a boar to death.

this reminds me of "could you choke out a gorrilla??" on the mma.tv forums

theken206
November 27, 2008, 10:00 PM
"literally kick one into unconsciousness with my feet."

since when do they teach you to kick with your feet in thai boxing??

caseypj
November 27, 2008, 10:14 PM
I can see the headlines now, "Martial artist injured while hunting boar with bare hands". Don't do it.

JImbothefiveth
November 27, 2008, 10:28 PM
since when do they teach you to kick with your feet in thai boxing??
Muay Thai is not the same is Thai boxing. I think Muay Thai teaches kicking with the shins, though.

TCB in TN
November 27, 2008, 11:14 PM
I have killed a couple of small hogs with a knife (during my dumb and dumberer era). I have been with some guys who hand caught a few and they work real hard to stay away from the hogs tushes. (Most of them have plenty of scars to show)

IF you could get close enough to a small hog (LT 100lbs) then I have no doubt you could kick it to death. BUT a decent size hog is gonna clean your clock, real quick. When we live hunted them we bayed them with dogs and got a hold of the tale, get a hogs backend off the ground and he can't go anywhere. You go head to head with a 200lb hog with a good set of tushes and you are going to be toast. Getting that close to the front end is bad enough, kick him and tick him off and you are gonna be in a bad way real quick!

Dr. Tad Hussein Winslow
November 28, 2008, 02:23 PM
No, no, it's a *great* idea - do try it on a big Russian tusker and report back here (or have your estate executor report back)! :evil: :D

http://images.elfwood.com/fanq/b/r/brebo/hong_kong_phooey.jpg

this reminds me of "could you choke out a gorrilla??" on the mma.tv forums

:rolleyes: :D

EricTheBarbarian
November 28, 2008, 02:44 PM
Two weeks ago me and a buddy of mine hunted hogs in Florida with knives and we each killed one. The stab didn't make them stop right away. I stabbed in and worked the knife down slicing its heart which really takes the fight out of them. You didn't specify if you would be using dogs when you try to kill a hog with a kick which would be pure awesome if it could be done, however their bones are extremely hard.

Back in highschool for an FFA project I raised hogs. Out of frustration trying to load them in a pickup and being dragged through the mud I started punching one in the head as hard as I could and it didn't seem to care at all. I only hurt my hand. A pigs head is solid very hard bone, doesn't have much soft tissue like a humans. I would say there's a good chance you could hurt your feet, so don't do it barefoot if you try.

However, if you want to try killing one with a knife, you won't be disappointed.:cool: Good Luck either way.

FIFTYGUY
November 28, 2008, 02:56 PM
Don't forget Masutatsu Oyama and his student, Sonny Chiba, did public demonstrations of battling bulls bare handed. Often they would slice off a horn, and Oyama killed a few with a single blow each.

Even if you think your abilities are already comparable, you may want to study the film footage of these demonstrations to learn appropriate techniques.

Good luck!

Loyalist Dave
November 28, 2008, 03:03 PM
I thought humans developed weapons as our bare hands and feet didn't do well against dangerous animals?

LD

Loomis
November 28, 2008, 06:55 PM
Wild animals are WAY tougher than they look. I'm sure we've all seen the vids of a bow hunter getting his a$$ kicked by a deer, right? Well, a wild pig is many times tougher than a harmless little bambi. People who use pitbulls and dogos and blackmouths and catahoulas for boar hunting lose those dogs all the time to a boar's tusks. And they sic 4 or 5 of them on a single boar.

So if you think you're going to walk right up to a wild boar and kick him in the ribs untill he flops over, you better think about some kind of contingency plan. Make sure you've got backup and an escape route of some kind.

Otherwise, you won't live.

So seriously, try something easier first. Kick a goat or something and see how hard it is to kill it. Then work up to bigger stronger animals. I think you will be surprised how much faster they are than you.

The only way a human beats an animal is by brains and deception. Not by strength. You'd better learn all there is to learn about pig fights. Learn how they fight eachother. Learn how they fight off predators. Learn what spooks them and what angers them. Learn to read their body language and their vocalizations.

If a pig is going to be your opponent, then you'd better learn it's moves, just like you would in a match against a human. What would you say to an olympic fencing gold medalist if he walked into a boxing gym and thought he could wup every one at boxing just cuz he's good at fencing? Well, you're about to go into a pig fight thinking your skills are good enough to beat a pig.

Same thing aint it?

Dave McCracken
November 28, 2008, 07:13 PM
Thanks to my rural upbringing, I knew plenty of hog breeders growing up. Lots of them had bad limps.

This is a, IMO, bad idea.....

mio
November 28, 2008, 07:24 PM
are you high?

Geno
November 28, 2008, 07:41 PM
Ba ha! Baahaa!! ROTFLMBO! Ready when you are dude...just let me grab my video camera. When you're done, you can open a new account with the screen name "Stumpy".

WardenWolf
November 28, 2008, 07:59 PM
Just make sure you say, "Hey boys, watch THIS!" right before you do it.

Geno
November 28, 2008, 08:46 PM
Here is a nice video for you to watch. Take a few minutes to practice like this guy did...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nV6XofkkTjE

..and remember, walls don't kick back.

:D

qajaq59
November 29, 2008, 08:09 AM
Can you kill a hog with a kick?

I'd suggest that you go take a good look at wild boar. Especially an older one with a long, sharp set of filthy, germ laden tusks. Then keep in mind that he will not only kill you, but he will enjoy eating you as well. Oh, and by the way, they can move like lightning when spooked.

Ty7940
November 30, 2008, 06:21 AM
HA HA HA HA!!!!! No.... not happening!

Geno
November 30, 2008, 06:31 AM
I want to see the force required to displace that boar's leather-like hide, the 4" of fat, and the armor plate, all which will stand as protective cover between the OP's love-tap-like kicks, and the boar's ribs and vitals. If the OP is fortunate, the boar will not fall into "affinity" with him, and simply end it all mercifully. I suspect the grunting, squealing and pawing at the ground in an effort to escape won't be on the boar's part.

<<OOOOOink!!!!>>

Doc2005

Art Eatman
November 30, 2008, 10:40 AM
This oughta happen in an arena, and I want the ticket-sales concession. :D

And, yeah, there will be an ambulance on stand-by. :D:D:D

CSA 357
November 30, 2008, 10:41 AM
when you get this hog hunting down pat you can go after cape buffalo, lion, but dont start with hogs, ok? start out with a rabbit or something small! :D

jaholder1971
November 30, 2008, 11:49 AM
Better take some backup, son...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3153/2590983201_4c97acf972.jpg?v=0

PBinWA
November 30, 2008, 11:58 AM
I can't believe no one has mentioned the saying about how if you wrestle with a pig all that's going to happen is that the pig is going to have fun and you are going to get dirty.

I would suggest you get it on video, set up a website and make some money off the advertising. You'll get tons of hits.

BigBuckMaster
November 30, 2008, 01:08 PM
i have killed 3 boars with a spear, one with a knfe, and one with a Eskrima stick. it can be done, but hogs are very strong and thick skinned. you can break a rib, but he will just get madder and madder cause he aint feeling good.

WardenWolf
November 30, 2008, 01:57 PM
Keep in mind that most states' hunting laws also specify "Legal methods of take". The only allowed methods are those listed for the species or hunt. In other words, if word gets out, you could be in a LOT of trouble. And you'd most likely also be charged with cruelty to animals.

TCB in TN
November 30, 2008, 03:16 PM
Sorry Mike, but in this case he ain't getting in trouble for cruelty to animals. Now the authorities may consider this a suicide attempt (which is against the law), but they ain't gonna be complaining about cruelty to animals!

lefteyedom
November 30, 2008, 03:30 PM
GO FOR IT BROTHER!!!
DON"T STOP HIM HE IS DOING HIS PART TO CLEAN UP THE HUMAN GENE POOL.
Never interfere with Darwinism!

meef
November 30, 2008, 05:15 PM
DON"T STOP HIM HE IS DOING HIS PART TO CLEAN UP THE HUMAN GENE POOL.Precisely my take on the whole idea.

Next up on the agenda of sporting things to do for the fun of it, we have the following:

- Arm wrestling the mountain gorilla

- Sticking your head in an alligator's mouth

- French kissing a Burmese Python

- Catching grizzly bears by smearing your crotch with honey, sitting really still, then hitting them between the eyes with your awesome "Fist of Death" when the hapless creature takes the bait

Stay tuned for more exciting ways to pass the time (and your mortal coil) in our next episode entitled - "You Too Can Think Up A Ridiculous Concept For A Thread".

:cool:

bang_bang
November 30, 2008, 05:20 PM
Lmfao meef

rza96746
November 30, 2008, 06:34 PM
I thought Bruce Leroy passed a long time ago . Sounds like this person has never seen an enraged pig before,I dont give a crap how hard you can kick Ive shot a hog in the jaw with a 308 and it charged me chasing me back to my truck slamming into my front tire leaving a gash from its tusk on my sidewall. That darn hog is still alive today although he is walking around with his jaw hanging down like an open book. I was observing him for a while and he is feeding fine and doing good ,I didnt take him because after all that he deserves to live. So if you can take a blow to the jaw with the force of a 308 bullet fired from 80 yds and still live to tell about it I will provide you the live boar to prove your toughness. There aint no way could do it I dont care if your Chuck Norris or Brock Lesnar. :cuss:

Katana8869
November 30, 2008, 10:14 PM
a pig probably has a thicker skull and smaller brain than a human

Judging from the subject of this thread, I'm not sure if that is always the case :neener:

Seriously though, I have trained in martial arts since the early 80's and I also hunt wild hogs here in florida. The only thing I can say to the O.P. is that going hand to tusk with a wild boar is going to be very entertaining ..... for the boar

Rodentman
November 30, 2008, 10:22 PM
I lost my right leg in an accident (not gun related, not my fault) 17 years ago.

Trust me. You do NOT want to be an amputee. Please believe me on this.

Bigreno
December 1, 2008, 01:35 AM
Watch this video of a little 35ish lb javalina fighting a jaguar. Now add a few hundred pound to the pig and think about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGLGY5zeLSM

Unless you can kick a telephone pole in half, you won't incapacitate it. I promise you won't get a second shot at it.

Highland Ranger
December 1, 2008, 08:32 AM
One of the things we should all aspire to in life is to not die poorly.

You have pretty good odds of dying poorly if you try to kick a pig to death.

Remember - it's ok if people laugh at your funeral. Not ok if they are marveling over the stupid way you died.

mbt2001
December 1, 2008, 09:31 AM
high risk, low reward proposition.

IndianaBoy
December 1, 2008, 10:16 AM
Perhaps I am being too harsh... after all I have the background of growing up on and working a hog farm.

This is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. It is worse than the tactical wheelbarrow. Worse than taping trauma plates to your back and catching .308 rounds while your partner countersnipes.

Hogs, and specifically boars, are built like tanks. Their skulls are extremely thick, they have neck muscles that are powerful to the extreme. Lifting a half ton with their snout is routine for a full grown boar.

Throw in an already ill temper, and the mild annoyance of you kicking one in the ribs. You are toast. Guaranteed.

Assuming you could even get close enough to a wild boar without using dogs.... which you couldn't. He would either trot off if you were lucky, or charge.

Humans are weak, delicate little creatures in the animal kingdom. At the very least, you need a blade to even think about success.

ilbob
December 1, 2008, 10:21 AM
I think you should give it a try, and have a friend video tape it for youtube.

These kind of object lessons are priceless.

TCB in TN
December 1, 2008, 11:16 AM
These kind of object lessons are priceless.

Sure it is for those who survive, or those who can watch the video of his gruesome demise and are smart enough to NOT repeat it!

salthouse
December 1, 2008, 12:18 PM
I think it depends on the size of the boar. A 125lb runt would likely be your best bet. You may still get messed up, but probably not fatally. You may actually take him. But it would really be inhumane.

Now a 400lb locomotive of a boar is a different story. My money is on porky in that battle. They are way too fast, and way too mean. The only way you would get one to fight is if you cornered it or it felt threatened. Notify your next of kin before you take that Darwin challenge.

txcookie
December 1, 2008, 12:39 PM
You would probly break you shin and the Hog would trip you up and then rip you to shreds! If you really think you can do this I know a ranch that could give you a shot at it and I wiould be more than willin to pay but you better fill out a will first:what:

rich636
December 1, 2008, 11:37 PM
A scared wild animal, of almost any kind, over say 40lbs...is going to move faster, inflict more damage, and have an extraordinary pain tolerance compared to a human. Then you add a hundred more pounds and it's a trip to the ER. Animals fight to live where as we do it recreationally, if that.

Kenpo
December 1, 2008, 11:53 PM
Classic. Taken them with knives (with catch dogs) and got one with a knife (no dogs, but a couple other guys working) wouldn't go near one by myself, unarmed.

moosehunt
December 2, 2008, 01:08 AM
Why do we have all these "experts" trying to talk this lad out of trying? Afraid he'll make you look wimpy cause you can't/didn't? I say go for it!
You only go around once, and what you miss the first time is gone! I'm behind you my man, and I sure ain't worrying about a poor ass pig "suffering" in the process!

SniperStraz
December 2, 2008, 01:10 AM
I'd have a weapon in my hand just in case.

theken206
December 2, 2008, 01:11 AM
wellwe have people experianced in thai boxing and pigs, and we both tend to agree that its not a very good idea

TCB in TN
December 2, 2008, 02:21 AM
Never done any Thai boxing, but my experience with both tame and wild hogs says this is going to end up with an annoyed, angry hog, and at the very least a hurt, and disappointed "hunter".

jaholder1971
December 2, 2008, 11:40 AM
If you do, tape it and put it up on Youtube. Don't forget to add the Carl Douglas song to it.

"Everybody was Kung Fu fightiiiiiiiiiiin"

meef
December 2, 2008, 02:53 PM
moosehunt proclaimed:

Why do we have all these "experts" trying to talk this lad out of trying? Afraid he'll make you look wimpy cause you can't/didn't? I say go for it!Talk him out of it? Oh no no no, by all means go for it - and be sure to have somebody video your adventure. It's the sort of thing you could sell to a reality video TV show which they'd title something along the lines of "You ain't gonna believe what this fool did!"

You only go around once, and what you miss the first time is gone!And using your awesome martial arts powers on a boar is pretty certain to ensure that your "once go around" is considerably shorter than it might otherwise have been.

I'm behind you my man,Well, you sure as heck picked the best place to stand. I wouldn't get between him and the beast either. Very prudent of you.

and I sure ain't worrying about a poor ass pig "suffering" in the process! Now that's really funny. I wouldn't worry about the poor ass pig doing the suffering either. There'd be "suffering" aplenty, but old porky wouldn't be the one experiencing it.

:D :D :D

I love this thread. Funny as all get out!

Eyesac
December 2, 2008, 07:42 PM
This is just what I needed today...:D

Dr. Tad Hussein Winslow
December 2, 2008, 07:54 PM
This is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. It is worse than the tactical wheelbarrow. Worse than taping trauma plates to your back and catching .308 rounds while your partner countersnipes

Fellas, we have just created a classic thread for the ages!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

By the way, just in case the OP edits/deletes, we must save the original question for posterity (emphasis mine for hilarity):

So, basically, I'm not going to be PC in this topic. Please realize before I start that I DO respect the animal and DO intend to use the meat thereof, should I ever do it.

So, basically, I saw people hunting wild boar with only knives. That's insane, but not insane enough. I got to wondering whether I could put my martial arts skills to good use and literally kick one into unconsciousness with my feet. My Thai kicks are brutal and would almost certainly break a boar's rib (or am I underestimating how strong their bones are?).

Could it be done? I don't intend to try, but it'd be nice to know that I could. I wouldn't try for fear of being inhumane. Has anyone here hunted boar with a knife? Is it worth the experience?

indoorsoccerfrea
December 2, 2008, 08:05 PM
im truly speechless. if you want to try and make human venison, at least videotape it!

Hoplophile
December 2, 2008, 08:41 PM
Whoa, okay, I just watched the pig vs jaguar video.

I think I'll stick to gunfire.

deaconkharma
December 2, 2008, 08:55 PM
:scrutiny:
I need another beer
I agree, you should try it and video it for us.:uhoh:

Can't see through the tears, laughing.
trying out for one of the JACKASS movies? maybe?

rich636
December 2, 2008, 09:00 PM
This could be our very own "boar ninja" thread! I missed the tactical wheel barrow...I'll have to search that :what: Moosehunt have you ever tried to handle a feral cat...they're small and they'll still make you quit. Much less a freakin boar. He should have it. Now I'm no guide but I'm gonna guess wild animals don't generally agree to fisticuffs. Or are you going to lure the hog into the Octagon?

deaconkharma
December 2, 2008, 09:12 PM
Only if you want a chance

Heavy Metal Hero
December 2, 2008, 09:30 PM
OP is full of crap. Maybe you should try hunting one with your airsoft gunzz?

hotlead
December 3, 2008, 02:12 AM
Hey tough guy, you made me feel embarrased for you.:o

Lay off the fighting videos for awhile and find a girl.;)

monkyboy1975
December 3, 2008, 02:16 AM
The thought of having a boar trotting off with parts of my testicles on his snout.....hmmm......I think I would pass on that opportunity:what:

BullpupBen
December 3, 2008, 02:30 AM
While in my opinion you'll certainly sustain serious industry, and quite likely be killed.. I bet you could at least post it on youtube and make a killing off of t-shirts with a picture of you kicking a boar (or vise-versa).

qajaq59
December 3, 2008, 06:55 AM
I'm so glad you asked the question. I haven't read anything this funny in quite a while. Thanks. :D

HarleyFixer
December 3, 2008, 08:54 AM
I have hunted hogs for years and they are the most fearsome animal for their size available. BUT go for it, the video would be a scream. P.S. you do know that a hog will EAT you right?

claiborne
December 3, 2008, 12:43 PM
I laugh my butt every time I read these relpies. I'll be carrying the pom-poms to cheer you on and a 460 rowland 1911 only because it is the smallest thing I would consider carrying in this case. Kick on brother.

woodfiend
December 3, 2008, 12:58 PM
I don't know what to think man. I PERSONALLY KNOW a guy who knocked a cow out by punching it in the head in ONE HIT. He was as strong as an ox. But it didn't have tusks or was as low to the ground as a boar is.

I say, go for it, if you want to. :D Wear combat boots, knee pads, shin guards, stuff like that. And BRING A HANDGUN as backup!

ZombieHunter
December 3, 2008, 04:00 PM
Was I the only person who got a huge smile thinking this was going to be a video link post?

Brian Dale
December 3, 2008, 05:31 PM
Was I the only person who got a huge smile thinking this was going to be a video link post?Nope. You're not alone. Hold on; there's still time:

Dave, Art, Mike? Any other Mods watching? Can Hoplophile's probate attorney send the video to one of you guys? :evil:

H&Hhunter
December 3, 2008, 05:35 PM
i have killed 3 boars with a spear, one with a knfe, and one with a Eskrima stick. it can be done, but hogs are very strong and thick skinned. you can break a rib, but he will just get madder and madder cause he aint feeling good.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name: Capture043.JPG Views: 64 Size: 71.6 KB ID: 88472

Dude where's your head? Did the hog eat it? If that picture is of you then why did you have to Capture it from another link?

One question, do you honestly think anybody on this board believes a word you've written?

PS

You've got pretty good looking skin for a 69 year old man. You did tell me that you were 69 years old right? What did you fly in the Airforce?

David.Car
December 3, 2008, 06:00 PM
Is this you???
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uVYAtf1zVI

indoorsoccerfrea
December 3, 2008, 06:10 PM
try some of these pigs, it might work...:neener:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rE8MQ-QEqg&NR=1

2RCO
December 3, 2008, 06:48 PM
I in the annals of internet history I think Gecko_45 may have been trumped or at least equalled.

We now have a few new terms to add:

Boar Kicker, Pig Kicker, Pig Puncher, Sooieee Thai, Hog Fu, Oink Fu, the list could go on.

If this was legal I'd get ahold of a Hog and the OP and bill the event as the "Thrilla with Hogzilla."

Thanks to the OP this is the funniest thing I've read in years.

scythefwd
December 3, 2008, 07:10 PM
woodfiend,
Cows are
1. most likely tame and therefore not skittish
2. not fast moving in general (except when running)
3. not known for headbutting cars and moving them (I have seen a pig literally move a car a couple of inches after T boning it at full speed)
3. docile, and probably not trying to defend themselves while being struck.

I would love to see a video of the guy doing it as long as it doesn't hurt the cow or it is butchered on the spot.

raccol
December 3, 2008, 10:23 PM
is the OP for real? I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. just love all the comments.

reminds of a line in a movie, "stupid is as stupid does."

Fifteen+1
December 3, 2008, 10:26 PM
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q99/Morbius25/Megan_McClellan_SUEE.jpg

Kick this one......They don't put up much of a fight.

Loomis
December 3, 2008, 10:43 PM
Dang it!

I think you guys talked him out of it. Nice going.

youngbuckfl
December 3, 2008, 11:46 PM
y is everyone gettin all bent out of shape it was a hypo ? like if he was lost in the woods type thing i dont think anyone would be dumb enough to try for the hell of it kicking one any where wont stop it we hunt hogs on a weekly basis we use dogs i have my bay dogs and catch dogs we were chasing one with our buggy and it made a short stop and we ran the thing over when i looked bk the damn thing got up and started running again when we skined it it had all ribs broken and right femur they r one bad ass animal besides if u try to kick it itll cut u from one ankle to the other in a sec

indoorsoccerfrea
December 3, 2008, 11:48 PM
run on sentence?:neener:

youngbuckfl
December 3, 2008, 11:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WwK_1SFE_8&feature=related heres another vid this guy had a chance to kick it if he wanted but watch the dogs in the beginning in a sec one get cut

S&W620
December 4, 2008, 12:07 AM
Dear God....

I really haven't laughed this hard in a long, long time.

Lay off the Walker, Texas Ranger re-runs dude. No disrespect intended, but this is definitely one of the dumbest idea's of all time.

colonelhogan44
December 4, 2008, 12:27 AM
or could this possibly be you?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqfRqLdCjEY

janobles14
December 4, 2008, 01:29 AM
OMG sooie thai!!!! so perfect!!! ROFL friggin priceless!!

bob k
December 4, 2008, 03:59 PM
Get a 12 pound feral tom cat, give it a bath. Then examine your thoughts on the boar, way meaner than the cat, lots bigger and every bit as quick.

Bigreno
December 4, 2008, 11:44 PM
Here you go. I threw together a graphic for the back of your gi. We can get on cafe press and bust one out before fight night.

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=88723&stc=1&d=1228452185

:D

janobles14
December 4, 2008, 11:52 PM
BAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im getting a shirt made!!!

SQUEAL THE PAIN BABY! :D:D:D:D

aimbotter
December 5, 2008, 01:03 AM
try doing that to those boars in laos/thailind in the jungle. Those things will cut you into pieces like they did to my dad's dogs back in the days..

MikePGS
December 5, 2008, 01:19 AM
Oh my god I am laughing so hard that I'm literally crying hahahahahhahaha

igorts
December 5, 2008, 01:27 AM
candidate for Darvin's award?

Tim
December 5, 2008, 03:51 PM
I would bring Chuck Norris with me if/when I try this...

Girodin
December 5, 2008, 04:33 PM
candidate for Darvin's award?

When someone who types out that sentence makes fun of you for an idea that is a solid indicator of just how bad an idea it really is.

We now have a few new terms to add:

Boar Kicker, Pig Kicker, Pig Puncher, Sooieee Thai, Hog Fu, Oink Fu, the list could go on.

How about Oink Bak.

Dr. Tad Hussein Winslow
December 5, 2008, 09:23 PM

I like both Soooooiee Thai and Oink Fu. I think both can become general lexicon for "Thai fighters" as slightly different parts of speech, as in "My Oink Fu is strong, so I pursue Sooooiee Thai as a leisure activity on my days off."

Bigreno, that is awesome! Squeal the pain! :D :D

Maelstrom
December 5, 2008, 09:37 PM
I think the folks in Deliverance said it best,

"SQUEAL LIKE A PIG, BOY!"

And if anyone knows that scene, that's EXACTLY what that boar would do to you.

qajaq59
December 6, 2008, 05:12 AM
I would bring Chuck Norris with me if/when I try this... Oh that's no fair. The hog would see Norris and fall over dead from fright.

Grey_Mana
December 6, 2008, 06:40 AM
The OP must not be familiar with the porcine family.

Yes, you could probably use your Muay Thai effectively on a dog. Because you are bigger than the dog and have some natural advantages. But no one would be suprised to hear that you died trying to Muay Thai a pitbull, chow, akita, or german shepherd.

Trying to fight a boar? You might as well go fight a brick wall or tractor.

Before you try your Muay Thai on a boar, try it on a cow. The bigger size isn't that much of a difference really and they are much less aggressive. My expectation is that the cow won't know you are trying to hurt it, if you stay away from the face and privates.

Or wait until summer, and try your Muay Thai on rattlesnakes. And have someone film it so we can see the Youtube video.

Or go swim with the dolphins, and use your Muay Thai on them in the water. That would so cool, you'd be able to flip and do kicks you could never do on dry land. Plus the upside that the dophins wouldn't bother fighting back, because they would never guess that you were actually trying to hurt them.

Good luck!

rem1
December 6, 2008, 11:56 PM
<> start on chickins (fightin cocks) then you will have some scars before you start

medicine calf
December 7, 2008, 06:26 PM
Only one way to find out...

qajaq59
December 8, 2008, 07:17 AM
you might as well go fight a brick wall or tractor. rotfl

poco loco
December 10, 2008, 12:53 PM
eat you for lunch and burp out the remains. And he's a PET.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

ZRX61
December 10, 2008, 04:45 PM
My money is on the pig...especially if it's this size...
http://screamingsheep.com/gallery2/d/6198-1/Picture+2589.jpg

Girodin
December 10, 2008, 08:36 PM
i have killed 3 boars with a spear, one with a knfe, and one with a Eskrima stick.

I just wanted to call total BS on killing a boar with an escrima stick. I have much less experience with escrima than Muay Thai but I still have some. I have trained with a guy who was affiliated with the dog brothers. I really don't see a person killing a boar with an escrima stick even if the thing was being held by catch dogs. If it did happen it would be very far from anything I would describe as sporting or hunting and not something I would be bragging about. That said I'm fairly certain it is a total BS claim.

MCgunner
December 11, 2008, 09:47 AM
I've killed hogs with a knife......while dogs were holding 'em in place and I had a .45 caliber back up on my hip at the time.

I haven't been in here for a while. Mixed up on whether the site ends in .org or .us. Seems to be two identical sites now. Hmm. But, this is about the STUPIDEST thread I've yet read.:rolleyes: Never take on a tank with a pea shooter.

Trust me, you don't wanna pick on a hog with your fists and feet, that is if you could catch it, assuming you don't have dogs to catch it for you. I know a guy that was ripped open from his naval to his left nipple by a boar that got loose of the dogs. You ain't gonna find one to kick without dogs, though I have seen that video where the guy sneaks up to a little one at a feeder and kicks it. That was rather funny.

This thread, though, does put new meaning to the term "mall ninja". :D

H&Hhunter
December 11, 2008, 10:30 AM
This thread, though, does put new meaning to the term "mall ninja"

Full on Walter Smitty tactical mall ninja!:D

leftovercrack
December 13, 2008, 10:50 AM
http://i35.tinypic.com/28us1t5.jpg

PSYCHOBILLY
December 13, 2008, 12:34 PM
Is he high? I do MMA and I dont even want to imaging going up against a wild boar. Thats like saying I'll do a rear naked choke on it. Its dumb and if you do it tape it and I bet it will be a dumb PETA ad. Hear is the head lines, Today a man decided to go up against a wild boar and man lost, I meen died.

Dr. Tad Hussein Winslow
December 13, 2008, 01:08 PM
- Catching grizzly bears by smearing your crotch with honey, sitting really still, then hitting them between the eyes with your awesome "Fist of Death" when the hapless creature takes the bait

:D :D

Sebastian the Ibis
December 14, 2008, 10:51 PM
Is this you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uVYAtf1zVI

lipadj46
December 15, 2008, 08:35 AM
Did someone just ask if he could kick a pig to death?

I'm a little late to this hootenanny, but seriously ***?

Dr. Tad Hussein Winslow
December 15, 2008, 11:16 AM
I'm a little late to this hootenanny,

Welcome!

but seriously ***?

You're asking the correct question!!! :D

qajaq59
December 15, 2008, 01:18 PM
Catching grizzly bears by smearing your crotch with honey, sitting really still, then hitting them between the eyes with your awesome "Fist of Death" when the hapless creature takes the bait Ouuuuch!!!

Supertac45
December 15, 2008, 06:20 PM
I'd like the video. Please arrange the shipment prior to the actual event. Sorry, but my money is on the boar.

birdshot8's
December 16, 2008, 03:49 AM
sounds like the recipe for Chop SUE- EEY

hobgob
December 16, 2008, 01:49 PM
Quote:
[poke-poke] "SNORT!" [JUMPS UP] "Holy S$#*#@*&!" "SNORT! SNORT!"
[STOMP STOMP STOMP][Gurgling sound from hunter] [Buck --now fully
satisfied with its handiwork--falls over dead] [THUMP]. [Video from guy on
next tree-stand appears on youtube within minutes].

Very Funny...maybe the guy that wants to kick a pig to death could try it on this deer!!

[poke-poke] "Snort" [deer gets up] "chop and kick to head" [sound of deer laughing] AHHHHH [deer kicks guy's butt] [sound of deer up loading his own youtube video]

Saw this on another hunting thread, figured it belongs here too! It was from a thread about a guy getting stomped by a "mostly dead" deer.

Agouti
December 17, 2008, 01:00 AM
Hmm. I bet you could do it. The key is to leave out apples for the boar. You need to let them ferment first a while. Also, lace them with ketamine, or other "tranquilizers" from your vet.

Nothing like kicking a drunken animal to death. :)

Make sure to youtube it, that way people think you're superman or something.

WT101
December 18, 2008, 12:36 AM
I really hate to make personal slams, but this point has to be made: this guy probably votes. That's SCARY.

gooseman1
December 18, 2008, 02:09 AM
Please give it a try and video tape it. I'd love to watch the gene pool improve.

deaconkharma
December 18, 2008, 08:07 AM
So be gentle and don't call the poor guy stupid. We can poke a little fun but keep it civil. I'm sure he's already a little sore from all the "ribbing".

Besides, we may have saved his life. At least he asked first before he did this. THR: saving lives, one person at a time ... :evil:

qajaq59
December 18, 2008, 08:15 AM
So be gentle and don't call the poor guy stupid.We should be saying thank you to him. He's given us far more entertainment this week then all the TV channels combined!!!! :D

salthouse
December 18, 2008, 10:36 AM
What is funnier to me than the fact that someone would ask that question is that there are 6 pages of us responding.

gallo
December 18, 2008, 08:21 PM
This will be the exchange:

Thai Martial Artist: Round house to boar's ribs. Aha! Got the SOB.

Boar: What was that? Yummy! Breakfast hanging just in front of me.

This is the most fun I've had reading a thread at THR.

Be sure to post to youtube.

meef
December 19, 2008, 12:54 AM
Good grief.

Is this silly thread still alive and kicking?

Which is more than I would be able to say about the OP should he ever try his misbegotten concept.

:cool:

TCB in TN
December 19, 2008, 01:11 AM
OK guys, I have thought about this extensively. I have also spoken with a few guys I know who really know how to handle hogs. (the live catch guys I used to run with.) What I am going to offer, is my services to allow the OP to travel here to the south, and hook him up. I will provide a suitable hog (will be live trapped), say a Russian type boar in the 250 - 300 lb range. Put it into a small enclosure (say 12 x 12) to ensure the OP can "catch" the hog. A video camera to "chronicle" the event, and a suitable resting plot in one of the local establishments that cater to those individuals who have proved Darwin right.

Further more I have a buddy who is a local lawyer willing to help draw up the legal documents that might be needed to settle the estate of the OP after his adventure, as well as transferring all rights to sell, and distribute the video of the event, over to myself.

Now I understand that assisting in a suicide is a crime in our state so neither I nor anyone else will be there to watch live, merely to come back later and pick up the video, I mean the OP. We can make this happen folks.

janobles14
December 19, 2008, 01:32 AM
your piggy style is strong but my sooie thai will defeat it! squeal the pain, grasshopper!

ding ding!

rd.1:

OP comes out dancing around. he looks strong and in shape. wow, those legs look like tree trunks; ill bet he could kill a pig with those! his opponent looks a bit uneasy - standing....rooting...eating corn.

THE OP MOVES IN! WHACK! a massive kick to the ribs! the pig reels from the blow! here comes the OP in for the kill!

oops....the OP is down. OH THE HUMANITY! the pig unleashes a brutal oink fu combo that pretty much involves eating his opponent! the tusks are flying! ITS OVER, ITS OVER!

this fight shall not be reproduced without express permission from the sooie thai federation of america.

ammoeater
December 19, 2008, 04:52 PM
I think you could take him.

Highland Ranger
December 23, 2008, 10:12 AM
[I find it amazing that other far more useful and productive threads are shut down in a heartbeat, yet the mods allow this one to go on, and on, and on, and on . . . . ]

Art Eatman
December 23, 2008, 11:38 AM
Aw, H.R., sometimes the sillies can be a relief for the serious stuff. Sorta like the pointed stick thread in the Rifle forum, a good while back.

But, six pages is enough for this go-'round...

If you enjoyed reading about "Extremely bad idea: Muay Thai vs Boar." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!