Preban SKS - good price?

PDA

Odnar
November 27, 2008, 09:27 AM
I bought a "preban Chinese SKS" with three detachable mags from a coworker of a friend who wanted to get rid of it for Christmas money. I bought it sight-unseen for his asking price of $200 on his description that it's in new, unfired condition. Here's the "preban Chinese SKS". Not sure he knows much about guns anymore. Think I got a good deal? :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Preban SKS - good price?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Frog48
November 27, 2008, 09:41 AM
Well, to begin with, thats not an SKS... Thats an AK.

An AK for $200, yes its a very good deal.

Autopistola
November 27, 2008, 09:56 AM
If you look at gunbroker.com, most every Norinco SKS under $250 has has bidders jumping all over it, and prices are especially inflated right now. And if you got that Norinco AK, that's a killer deal!

nathan
November 27, 2008, 10:01 AM
That should suffice for a nice SHTF gun. Get some ammo and see how it shoots.

Eagles6
November 27, 2008, 10:07 AM
That's looks like a Norinco MAK 90 which is an AK and yes you got a very good deal. I'll give you $300 for it now. 8)

Wedge
November 27, 2008, 10:10 AM
Nice AK. I actually like the furniture on the MAKs. Looks more like a POST-AWB model though, probably late 90s since it has the thumbhole stock instead of a pistol grip.

My friend has a MAK-91 (longer barrel)

His sights were WAY canted, check that first. His isn't very accurate though - not sure why.

$200 is a great deal. Those go for over $400 on gunbroker.

Odnar
November 28, 2008, 12:06 AM
Actually, I have an identical Norinco in the safe already. It was sure a surprise to see this "preban SKS" though...:)

Almond27
November 28, 2008, 12:09 AM
Looks like a keeper.

TheGrimReaper
November 28, 2008, 12:56 AM
You did good....really good!!!

If you enjoyed reading about "Preban SKS - good price?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!