My late night home defense kit:

PDA

cchurchi
November 27, 2008, 10:43 AM
Notice I've included hearing protection and sunglasses for those of you that think an AR with a 7.5 inch barrel has too much muzzle blast for home defense... ha ha!:neener:

If you enjoyed reading about "My late night home defense kit:" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
gvnwst
November 27, 2008, 10:45 AM
Do you carry all that around at night:neener: Nice setup, Bushy carbon 15 shorty?

PTK
November 27, 2008, 10:50 AM
I hate muzzleblast. I have hearing protection too, but it stays on the gun. ;)

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=81083&d=1215446203

hankdatank1362
November 27, 2008, 11:00 AM
Have you ever chrono'd a load out of that barrel?

I'm just wondering what kind of velocities one could expect.

Retro
November 27, 2008, 02:14 PM
That kit is more for home offense than for home defense... I have a mental picture of you luring the bad guys into your house, and then locking the door and let them have it.. haha

woof
November 27, 2008, 02:40 PM
And yet he could be taken out with one shot through a window just as easily as someone with no "defense" at all.

cchurchi
November 27, 2008, 03:19 PM
Why you ask, its because I never turn my lights on at night, which would allow me to be seen through my windows!

Here is how my late night home defense kit looks through my NIGHT VISION GOGGLES I received from Gecko 45 for Christmas last year.
Man, it's hard to keep those goggles and sunglasses on at the same time!

kcmarine
November 27, 2008, 03:34 PM
It's hard to make a shot at someone who's hiding in the dark with a AR-15 and is hanging from the ceiling with wall climbing boots :D

If you enjoyed reading about "My late night home defense kit:" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!