We got Moore on the run!

PDA

Cosmoline
September 19, 2003, 09:14 PM
http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/wackoattacko/

Ha ha! We got him on the defensive. The whole thing reminds me of the "Arming America" episode from a few years back. Hopefully this will turn out the same way.

This is good:

"I also realize that you just don't go after the NRA and its supporters and then not expect them to come back at you with both barrels (so to speak). These are not nice people and they don't play nice – that's how they got to be so powerful. "

Awww, we don't play nice :D

If you enjoyed reading about "We got Moore on the run!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Chugach
September 19, 2003, 09:22 PM
And he, of course, considers that he does play nice.

The man is after publicity any way that he can get it.

First time at his website...I need a shower! :barf:

CZ 75 BD
September 19, 2003, 09:24 PM
:barf: :barf: :barf:

Cosmoline
September 19, 2003, 09:26 PM
He's gonna live to regret this one:

"I can guarantee to you, without equivocation, that every fact in my movie is true. Three teams of fact-checkers and two groups of lawyers went through it with a fine tooth comb to make sure that every statement of fact is indeed an indisputable fact. "

Among other things, BFC claims that the KKK founded the NRA. Not only is this a lie, it's an absurd lie. Unless I have my history upside down and Ambrose E. Burnside was a member of the reconstruction-era KKK! LOL

Oh, this here is gonna be a fun, fun ride. He's going down in flames, and there's a whole lotta him to burn! :neener:

Basic rule--anytime anybody guarantees you, without equivocation, that they're telling the truth, chances are they're lying.

Justin
September 19, 2003, 09:39 PM
Funny how he only touches on a couple of the examples of criticism and that he uses further obfuscation to confuse the topic at hand.

For instance, the whole Lockheed Martin plant. Yeah, they made nuclear missiles there- but stopped years before Harris and Klebold were ever born.

Hey, Mikey, my sister-in-law worked at that plant as a mechanical process engineer. They do not make weapons of mass destruction there. That particular rocket design is made for putting satellites into space. They cannot carry a weapons payload, unlike what you asserted in your movie. And to claim that they put recon satellites into space for guiding cruise missiles still misses the fact that you asserted that they made WMD's at that very plant and that as a result Harris and Klebold went nuts.

Mike Irwin
September 19, 2003, 10:14 PM
Don't you mean that we have him on the waddle?

tyme
September 19, 2003, 10:32 PM
...on the slither?

Standing Wolf
September 19, 2003, 11:00 PM
I've never understood why compulsive liars are so intolerant of others' lies.

Hkmp5sd
September 19, 2003, 11:01 PM
CNN saw no need to inform the viewers that their "expert"-- who has made a career out of opposing any form of gun control–has a vested interest in convincing the public that "Bowling for Columbine" is a horribly rotten movie.

I love this one. He is complaining that CNN used an "expert" on guns and gun control that really was an expert and proved that fact by writing for a gun magazine. He must be real upset they didn't use one of his "documentary" filming methods where the scene is scripted.

ed dixon
September 19, 2003, 11:20 PM
"I also realize that you just don't go after the NRA and its supporters and then not expect them to come back at you with both barrels (so to speak). These are not nice people and they don't play nice "I also realize that you just don't go after the NRA and its supporters and then not expect them to come back at you with both barrels (so to speak). These are not nice people and they don't play nice

Till now I always considered myself a very nice man. Time for contemplation, I s'pose.

Let me make a "controversial" point by stating that Moore in fact seems like an intelligent man, and one is actually surprised by the vehemence of his position combined with the paucity of his facts. Is it an inferiority-complex? Save the benighted from the evil of those who wouldn't pass me the ball in junior high. A god-complex? Let me rescue the wretches who'll never be able to do for themselves. A narcissism issue? Let me make illogical non-connections between banks and guns, and the NRA and the KKK, and folks will validate my originality and specialness. (As they should.) I'm not kidding. What's with this? Jokes welcome, but theories appreciated.

MagKnightX
September 19, 2003, 11:40 PM
...on the slither?

On the ooze...

campergeek
September 19, 2003, 11:48 PM
I can guarantee to you, without equivocation, that every fact in my movie is true. Three teams of fact-checkers and two groups of lawyers went through it with a fine tooth comb to make sure that every statement of fact is indeed an indisputable fact.

Well of COURSE they are... It's only the misleading statements, manufactured statistics and outright lies which are not true. The FACTS I have no problem with. :rolleyes:

Hkmp5sd
September 20, 2003, 12:00 AM
Jokes welcome, but theories appreciated.

I think Moore is just another leach on society that has found a way to achieve some fame and lots of money at the expense of his reputation, honor and the audience he is trying to reach.

He is like Jesse Jackson in some ways. He is an insigificant peon that has figured out how to use a political issue to give himself a perceived power over others and wealth. Just as Jesse stokes the racial fire to keep his mug on the TV screen and newspapers while extorting money from everyone he comes in contact with, Moore stokes the "liberal" fires of gun control, race, terrorism, etc. This gets him recognition from the far left wackos, puts him on TV and newspapers and makes him very rich.

I am really looking forward to the time when the only time Moore is mentioned in the media is when he is the subject of one of the "Where are They Now?" shows or an episode of Unsolved Mysteries dealing with disappearances in the Bermuda Triangle.

keederdag
September 20, 2003, 12:09 AM
That guy leaves snail trails...:barf: :barf: :barf:

Fed168
September 20, 2003, 12:09 AM
He makes me gag, putting it nicely.

Soap
September 20, 2003, 12:26 AM
The only way to get Michael Moore on the run is to dangle a Super Size #1 in front of his face while he is standing on a treadmill.

Truth? Who needs truth when you have emotions!? :barf:

gunsmith
September 20, 2003, 12:44 AM
the only award he deserves is the Leni Riefenstahl documentary
award.

MPFreeman
September 20, 2003, 12:51 AM
I'm not suprised by Moore's response. He sees people with a pro-freedom inclination refuting something on Television and the reporter doesn't try and discredit such a person. Well, Mr. Moore, the anti-freedom people, such as Mr. Moore, have been getting away with it for years.

Why does Mr. Moore make a movie for the masses, when he could come to such a place as this and astound us with the clarity and logic of his position? blah.........

JohnKSa
September 20, 2003, 12:52 AM
PS. From now on, I will deal with all wacko attackos on this page. If you hear something about me that doesn't sound quite right, check in here.
That's going to be a busy page... :D

ed dixon
September 20, 2003, 01:08 AM
He is like Jesse Jackson in some ways. He is an insigificant peon that has figured out how to use a political issue to give himself a perceived power over others and wealth. Just as Jesse stokes the racial fire to keep his mug on the TV screen and newspapers while extorting money from everyone he comes in contact with, Moore stokes the "liberal" fires of gun control, race, terrorism, etc. He is like Jesse Jackson in some ways. He is an insigificant peon that has figured out how to use a political issue to give himself a perceived power over others and wealth. Just as Jesse stokes the racial fire to keep his mug on the TV screen and newspapers while extorting money from everyone he comes in contact with, Moore stokes the "liberal" fires of gun control, race, terrorism, etc.

The comparison is apt. Read Timmerman's book "Shakedown" regarding Jesse Jackson's true stripes. He is an absolute disgrace to the black cause because he uses black folk as shamelessly as any racist ever could. Even this agnostic would label him the anti-Christ. Money is his god. The cowardly crybaby is his guise. Funny, but I know so many intelligent, hard-working black folk who feel embarassed by him but wonder if he's the best they've got. Not by a long shot. Take off the PC gloves and let's hear from the real black majority.

Hkmp5sd
September 20, 2003, 01:16 AM
Read Timmerman's book "Shakedown" regarding Jesse Jackson's true stripes.

Already have. :)

TarpleyG
September 20, 2003, 08:57 AM
Why is it that every "anti" site labels us "gun nutz" and now in this article, we are "wacko attackos?" I have never been diagnosed with a mental health problem, have any of you? [wait, don't answer that].

It makes me mad that we are labeled in such a sterotypical manner. I guess we do it to the "antis" too, though.

GT

4v50 Gary
September 20, 2003, 09:53 AM
Good PR, bad PR, it's all PR to a publicity ***** like Moore.:barf:

Hkmp5sd
September 20, 2003, 01:06 PM
I have never been diagnosed with a mental health problem

I've had a couple of psychological profiles over the years, so I can document that I'm not a wacko. I guess that means I'm just a typical demented-weird-deviate-opinionated-impatient though sane American citizen. :)

According to Moore and the folks he associates with, you are a wacko bacause you like/own/use firearms. No other character traits or necessary.

Speaking of another Moore that I cannot stand, has anyone seen the advertisement for the upcoming, made for TV movie "based" on Chief Moore and the beltway snipers? Makes it look like he was the driving force behind the investigation and he alone is responsible for tracking down the shooters and busting them while protecting society from those evil gun nuts.

slh02
September 20, 2003, 03:01 PM
That would be ex-Chief Moose. The "hero" (as the media puts it) who retired from his position so he could make millions off the deaths of innocent people. Words can not describe the hate that I harbor towards this man... :barf:

Hkmp5sd
September 20, 2003, 04:08 PM
Oops. You're right, Moose. You can tell how my I pay attention to either one of these two. :)

Elmer Snerd
September 24, 2003, 08:05 PM
Well, at least he finally admitted on a semi-obscure webpage that he had to fill out the usual paperwork, pass a background check, and go through the same procedures as the rest of us babyeatingkittendrowningwifebeatingGunNutWackos before the Bank Rifle Incident. The problem is that millions have seen BFC use the magic of Creative Editing to imply that the bank just said "Thanks for the money, here's your gun."

http://www.spinsanity.org/post.html?2003_08_31_archive.html#10624779059990811

spacemanspiff
September 24, 2003, 08:12 PM
funny how they edited the bank scene in BfC so it looked like he walked in and a few minutes later walked out with an uncased rifle. when you watch the entire uncut footage, you see it wasnt all that simple.

it just went as 'proof' that in this country, ANYONE can get a gun, its SOOO EASY! the MMoore forums were full of non-americans who were floored at the simplicity of getting a gun.

every point moore 'explained' is all bogus. wheres a gypsy when you need one? a 'thinner' spell needs to be cast, dontcha think?

Futo Inu
September 24, 2003, 08:52 PM
One thing MM says is this:

"But the gun nuts don't want to discuss either specific points or larger issues because when that debate is held, they lose."

Idonthinso. Will LaPierre or someone please debate him, godsakes, and make him look like the consumate fool his is?

This thread belongs in L&P.

Obiwan
September 24, 2003, 08:53 PM
I may not be nice...

But I am honest.

And his version of Truth sounds a lot like our former President

"It is the truth" depends on what your definition of is...is.

Cosmoline
September 24, 2003, 09:23 PM
"and one is actually surprised by the vehemence of his position combined with the paucity of his facts"

In other words, he "doth protest too much" (Shakespeare, Hamlet III.ii.)

Cosmoline
September 24, 2003, 09:27 PM
He'd fall apart in a debate. If you look at where he's gone since BFC came out, it's ALWAYS to favorable venues, where the crowd and moderator will agree with him. Germany, France, big city Australia, left-leaning universities, leftist talk shows. He's also obsessed with controlling the footage. I'd love to get a camera crew and chase him around with a bunch of questions about the film. If I had the money I'd do it tomorrow.

Geech
September 24, 2003, 09:31 PM
You know, it's not that me makes untrue statements. He doesn't really do that in his film. It's that he makes true statements in a manner that seems intentionally misleading. According to dictionary.com, that's still telling a lie.

Saying, "I didn't make untrue statements" isn't much of a defense against that.

Ewok
September 24, 2003, 09:58 PM
the only award he deserves is the Leni Riefenstahl documentary
award.Hey, now, that's not fair. Riefenstahl had talent.

MessedUpMike
September 24, 2003, 10:38 PM
Stampedeing??????

Moore seems to hold the outlook of many "intellectuals" I've run into in academia. They embrace a liberal "feel good" outlook on life that generally doesn't require hardships, that the community will take care of itself (ie. heavy dispersion of responsibility), and that any form of violence is simply proof of a lack of intelligence. It presumes that if one is engaged in any sort of force of arms it's simply because they were not smart enough to find a non-violent solution.
The interesting thing is that when things go bad they're the first people to want to know why "More wasn't done to prevent (fill in the blank)".

The question then is, If Debating "Mr" Moore how far back do you have to sit to stay out of his gravitational pull? If he and Rosie were in the same room would they collide, pull in the ceiling, or create a black hole? But I digress.....

Don Gwinn
September 24, 2003, 11:39 PM
Debate? Debate, he says? He could have all the debate he could handle if he would simply reinstate his own internet forums at his own site. He took them down with a short message about "temporary technical problems" months upon months ago and they haven't been seen since.

Anytime he'd like to debate, I'm game. Let's use his name to get on a show and I'll take it from there. I'm even big enough to balance his bulk on camera.

If he really ticks me off, I might let Tamara take my place.

mnealtx
September 25, 2003, 06:31 AM
Don,

Sending any of you heavy hitters to debate MM would be like an orbital strike on a gnat, for Heaven's sake - it certainly would be in intellectual capability!

But if you do, please give me enough advance notice to be able to get it on tape, ok? :D :D :D

SAG0282
September 25, 2003, 01:16 PM
*shakes fist at that fat ridiculous oaf*

Futo Inu
September 25, 2003, 06:18 PM
SaxonPig - good job!

jimpeel
September 25, 2003, 07:36 PM
"I can guarantee to you, without equivocation, that every fact in my movie is true. ..."Of course the facts are true. Otherwise they wouldn't be called "facts".

The problem is with the things you called facts that weren't true. Those cannot be called facts and those are the ones we want to discuss with you and bring you to task to prove them unequivocally.

Sisco
September 25, 2003, 07:54 PM
My Daughter, 19 and liberal, rented "Bowling" last night. I was at work so I wasn't able to watch it with her. My Son, 16 and pro-gun came in about halfway though it. According to my Wife the debate was interesting. Wife, on the fence about guns, doesn't mind my hobby but isn't thrilled by it either was for the most part siding in with our Son.
At the supper table this evening Daughter was telling me all about how great the movie was. I had a couple of things to say but the one that hit home and made her think was
"How much money did the NRA make from the events at Columbine?"
"How much did Michael Moore make off of it?"
Now who's exploiting death here?

4v50 Gary
September 26, 2003, 12:38 AM
Saxon Pig - you done us proud.

pytron
September 26, 2003, 01:19 PM
Sisco - great point. I'll remember that when debating BFC.

Balog
September 26, 2003, 01:52 PM
I want to know what site referred to him as a "crapweasel." Sounds like my kind of place.

Maxinquaye
September 26, 2003, 06:47 PM
Well, I made the mistake of clicking on the home banner and going to his index page on his website. He has a picture of himself pulling down the Saddam statue, except it's Bush instead of Saddam.

Now, I'm no huge Bush lover what with the "Patriot" act and other civil liberties infringements, but I think that image is one of the most offensive things I have ever seen. :barf: :cuss: :banghead:

rock jock
September 26, 2003, 06:59 PM
Trust me, no film company would ever release a film like this without putting it through the most vigorous vetting process possible.
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :what: :what: :what:

XLMiguel
September 27, 2003, 12:07 PM
No on ever went broke underestimating the taste (or stupidity) of the American public (how else could the Democrats survive afterall?). We shouldn't let up on Moore until he's buried with a stake thru his heart.:evil:

marvl
September 27, 2003, 04:32 PM
Saxon, nice letter,but I disagree with your assertion that MM is talented. Well, maybe at eating and lying. But not at filmmaking.

If you enjoyed reading about "We got Moore on the run!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!