Need source for RCBS RS press handle

PDA

willienels
November 27, 2008, 02:22 PM
I have an RCBS RS(Reloader Special) press with no handle. RCBS said I would have to send them the piece that it screws into and they could make one. It appears that the fine threads on the handle need to be 9/16". My best measurement with a caliper confirms the 9/16". I have tried 1/2" and 5/8" handles from other presses and that attempt points to 9/16" also. I can probably find a bolt locally with the proper thread so that I can come up with the proper designation for diameter and pitch. Shouldn't somebody have these handles on the shelf somewhere? Any ideas?

If you enjoyed reading about "Need source for RCBS RS press handle" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
November 27, 2008, 02:37 PM
I would think you could take the bottom toggle link to any hardware store and confirm the thread size & pitch with an off-the-shelf bolt.

Then call RCBS back and tell them which one you have.

It seems really odd that they would have to make one!

I also think it would be possible to turn down any handle until it fits through the hole with no slop, then drill & tap it for a cap screw & washer on the bottom.

rcmodel

lev83
November 27, 2008, 06:22 PM
PM sent I have the handle you need.

willienels
December 22, 2008, 09:15 AM
Thanks everyone for all the help. I got a warranty handle from RCBS and bought an extra one from lev83.

I am closing this thread.

Mal H
December 22, 2008, 11:05 AM
Thread closed at OP's request.

If you enjoyed reading about "Need source for RCBS RS press handle" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!