R.P. Ammo Any Good???

PDA

ronto
November 27, 2008, 03:56 PM
I saw some SJHP 158 gr. 357 Magnum ammo marked "R.P" packed in plastic bags of 50 for $18.95 per bag at a local surplus store.
What's your opinion of this ammo? Is it reliable, safe, reasonably consistant, clean burning, brass reloadable, etc?
I appreciate your input.

If you enjoyed reading about "R.P. Ammo Any Good???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ReloaderFred
November 27, 2008, 04:19 PM
For loaded ammunition to be packaged in bags, I would assume it was commercial reloads using Remington brass (R-P). The brass is good brass.

Ask the dealer if they are reloads, and where they came from? I've never seen commercial Remington ammunition in bags, only boxes, but their components are sold in bags by several retailers.

Hope this helps.

Fred

steveno
November 27, 2008, 04:20 PM
if it is factory Remington ammo why is it in plastic bags? it looks like it is somebody's reloads using Remington brass and bullets. for that you are on your own.

rcmodel
November 27, 2008, 04:44 PM
Yep!
It's either somebodies reloads of unknown origin & quality, or termites ate the Remington boxes.

rcmodel

ronto
November 28, 2008, 01:58 PM
Thanks for the input guys...I'll pass on this stuff and stick with factory loads...$18.95/50 isn't that great a price anyway and I'd prefer my revolver doesn't blow-up in my hands using unknown ammo.

fitz47
November 28, 2008, 04:48 PM
Ammo sold in plastic bags, do you really waht to take a chance to save adollar or two?

ronto
November 29, 2008, 09:48 AM
fitz47,

I agree, see my decision in post #5 just above yours.

ronto

If you enjoyed reading about "R.P. Ammo Any Good???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!