midstate cast bullets?

PDA

mulyhuntr
November 27, 2008, 10:37 PM
Anyone ever try midstate cast bullets? I just started reloading .45 acp and their bullets are $55 per 1000 LRN. I was looking for feedback before making an order. http://www.carrollsweb.com/gunshop/html/midstates_cast_bullets.html

If you enjoyed reading about "midstate cast bullets?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
lgbloader
November 27, 2008, 11:02 PM
Hello Muly,

No, but thank you. I am always looking to check out new Cast bullet makers, My way of learning since I cast boolits myself now.

They look good to me. I think I'm gonna pick me up a couple of boxes of 30-30 and 38-55. I'm gonna order now and get out the old notebook and sharpen the pencil and see if I can learn a new trick.

* Sidenote: I loaded about 50 rounds of 30-30 w/Trail Boss and some 150 gr lfp during the Dallas/Seattle game that I cast earlier this week. They should pop rather nicely, you know what I mean.

cheers Mate.

LGB

dardascastbullets
November 27, 2008, 11:04 PM
Muly,

You didn't read the entire text in the website. It hasn't been updated since 2005! You are looking at pricing that is three years old. I doubt very much that they could honor that price unless they were using scrap resources.

lgbloader
November 27, 2008, 11:21 PM
:cuss: I knew it was too good to be true :cuss:

LGB

mulyhuntr
November 28, 2008, 12:06 AM
Sorry guys posted too soon the prices are outdated, the new site is bulletsdirect.com they are now $88 per 100 230 gr. LRN including shipping

DUCKNDAWG
November 28, 2008, 11:43 AM
I have used midstates bullets for CAS and they are good! The owner ED died this past summer, A buddy who helped him is trying to keep it going. The prices may seem high but they are quality bullets.

dwhite
November 28, 2008, 01:05 PM
I just ordered 1000 .40 cal 180gr flat points for $88 shipped. They also sent some sample 357 158gr. LSWC's. Delivery was quick. Weights are good and consistent bullet to bullet. They've shot as well as any other cast bullet I've tried.

I was really impressed with the packing. Two boxes of 500 bullets including samples was all braced in place in the USPS box. I think this shows they care about their product.

I'll order from them again.

New web site. www.bulletsdirect.com

All the Best,
D. White

If you enjoyed reading about "midstate cast bullets?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!