Kel Tec RFB

PDA

Wonder9
November 27, 2008, 11:16 PM
I've always had a soft spot for bullpups. Please, don't tell me all the "con's", I'm aware. Whoa... a .308 bullpup. Does anyone have some info on these? Their website devotes very little on their product.

If you enjoyed reading about "Kel Tec RFB" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
gvnwst
November 27, 2008, 11:18 PM
I can't remember whe they are suppossed to come out, but it has been delayed (like the bushmaster ACR) a few times.
basically, it is a .308 bullpup that uses FAL mags, has a special forward ejection system, and has a really good trigger, even as a bullpup. Bullpups aren't known for their awesome triggers normally, but this one fixes that. If only they had a .223 version....................

Lucky
November 27, 2008, 11:20 PM
I wonder why they clamp the bipod directly to a 36" barrel.

GBExpat
November 28, 2008, 08:27 AM
http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?board=499

Evil Monkey
November 28, 2008, 05:18 PM
As far as I know, it IS a FAL rifle........just reverse engineered right into a bullpup and given new features and such.

cchurchi
November 28, 2008, 10:48 PM
It won't get here in time. Neither will the ACR.

It's true... I'm a prophet.

MaterDei
November 28, 2008, 10:51 PM
Time for what? Some phantom anti-gun legislation?

R.W.Dale
November 28, 2008, 10:56 PM
The RFB is Vaporware, I wouldn't be holding my breath waiting for them to become avalibe to the buying public

Dr. Tad Hussein Winslow
November 28, 2008, 11:13 PM
Oh, it's gonna come out before any bans, but Kel Tec has very limited production capacity, so it will be hard to get one for the next year or two, even if it "exists" next month or January. In the fairly unlikely event that there IS a semi-auto rifle ban in Obama's first term, it will come near the end (unless an MPS occurs soon).

nwilliams
November 28, 2008, 11:19 PM
Impact guns is already advertising them.

http://www.impactguns.com/store/KEL-762.html

I'm very intrigued by this rifle but I'm more excited about he civilian SCAR.

gpr
November 28, 2008, 11:31 PM
the latest rumor was that keltec was shifting production of other products to get the rfb to market....gpr

HorseSoldier
November 28, 2008, 11:46 PM
Please, don't tell me all the "con's", I'm aware.

Main con with it right now is the vaporware angle. Hopefully they'll hit the market soon, and people can get a look at what they're real pluses and minuses are.

Kind of Blued
November 28, 2008, 11:51 PM
I'd love one.

I'd also like one in .223. And full-auto 9mm and .22LR versions while we're at it (lusting for unattainable guns, that is). ;)

Girodin
November 28, 2008, 11:51 PM
Impact has been taking orders for a year or so. I wouldn't take impacts advertisement as idndication of immenant release. They have been taking orders on the GSG AK .22 for a long time too and they don't have them either.

Given what is coming directly from Kel Tec don't expect to get one before '09 and then we will see. They are supposed to ship 100 in December, we'll see. I am eager to see if they really ship some and what the reports on them are. Of particular interest to me is the trigger. I like bullpups but their triggers are a HUGE draw back. The RFB is supposed to have a good trigger, although I'm not sure if that is true of the carbine or only the target model. I'm also interested in hearing about the accuracy of them (partiuclarly the target model) and reliability. On paper the RFB look great. Sadly it has remained only on paper for years.

Maverick223
February 3, 2009, 11:55 PM
I want one rockin 32s... :D

HeavenlySword
February 4, 2009, 12:46 AM
What does MPS mean

Zundfolge
February 4, 2009, 09:52 AM
Impact guns is already advertising them.
That generally doesn't mean anything. I'm surprised Impact Guns isn't taking pre-orders on Blastech DL-44s (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/DL-44_heavy_blaster_pistol) and M41-A Rifles (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Aliens-The_M41A_Pulse_Rifle.png) :rolleyes:

What does MPS mean
Multi Person Shooting ?

At any rate, the RFB was supposed to be out in December, then they pushed it off to February ... I expect it'll be spring before its on the market (if at all).

There's a LOT involved in bringing a new gun to market.

I expect they'll end up being more than MSRP for a while, then if there's a ban you'll never see one for sale reasonably (after all it is just a KelTec).

I've always liked the idea of a bullpup, but most are just not that great when you fire them (bad trigger mostly, but often there's other ergonomic issues). On paper the RFB appears to be better than the average bullpup. And the fact its in .308 is just awesome (If it goes well, they'd be smart to bring out a 5.56mm version and/or maybe some pistol caliber versions)

Dr. Tad Hussein Winslow
February 4, 2009, 10:17 AM
MPS= Mass Public Shooting.

Hey Zundfolge, they are! They took my $10,000 down payment on the pulse rifle. Said it won't be available for 5 years, but they'd be happy to take the money and put me first on the list. Heard someone in the background laughing and mumbling something about a high-yield CD.....

If you enjoyed reading about "Kel Tec RFB" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!