Packing.org

PDA

JCampGCO
September 19, 2003, 10:13 PM
Does anyone know whats up with packing.org? I haven't been able to visit the site since Thursday.

Glad to see that "The Firing Line" is still going on strong, albeit the new name.

"Everyone is your brother until the rent comes due."

If you enjoyed reading about "Packing.org" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Chipperman
September 19, 2003, 10:17 PM
Welcome to THR!

You're right, Packing.org seems to be offline at the moment. Dunno why.

berettaman
September 19, 2003, 10:49 PM
I think they're based in Virginia.They might be a victim of Isabel.No electricity.

XLMiguel
September 20, 2003, 10:53 AM
Yup, Isabel. There's still a boatload of people in the mid-Atlantic without power (we were lucky, we were only out for a day-). I heard an estimate of over 5 million people out of juice, with only about 30% restore at this writing.

clipse
September 20, 2003, 01:33 PM
I think Wednesday was the last day I was able to access the site.

clipse

XenaduKhan
September 20, 2003, 01:51 PM
I have checked it out and the DNS nameserver entries still exist, but the nameservers (seva.net) are no longer responding.

The server itself may be up, but if the nameservers/ISP is down, then it would appear to be offline since DNS will no longer resolve properly. If the server is located in the same place as the nameservers, then it is a bit of a moot point :D

cool45auto
September 20, 2003, 04:21 PM
Welcome to THR guys!:D

Michael_2112
September 20, 2003, 04:37 PM
Website is still down. I really like that website, not as much as this one, but I check it out daily. Hope they get it back up soon.

FPrice
September 22, 2003, 03:17 PM
Packing.org is responding now. BUT with a message from Mark that the servers went down with Isabel and that he is trying to perform some maintenance and get it back up.

If you enjoyed reading about "Packing.org" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!