Phoenix Arms HP22 Disassembly

PDA

Sentry
September 19, 2003, 11:58 PM
Anyone have a set of instructions for detail stripping an HP22?

If you enjoyed reading about "Phoenix Arms HP22 Disassembly" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
WonderNine
September 20, 2003, 03:10 AM
Write the company and they'll send you out a set of instructions for free. It says that on the magazine too. Address you say??? No clue. Somebody here probably knows. Try Google.com as well and search for it. I know Phoenix Arms doesn't have a website........at least they didn't a month ago.

That's kinda dumb that they don't have one though, I could put a simple website together for them for free, obviously, they don't want one.

chevrofreak
September 20, 2003, 05:32 AM
i wouldnt suggest detail stripping it, its pretty hard, and it never stays together right after you do. mine didnt, the breech face kept falling out.

Sentry
September 20, 2003, 11:46 AM
I was talking about detail stripping, not field stripping, I doubt they'd give that info up. I've tried Google, and can barely find any info on it let alone a manual. They sell 30 dollar guns, that's probably why they don't have a website. I doubt their usual clientel can even afford a computer, and they only make two guns. The owner wants the safeties gone, so there's not a choice in not doing it.

cordex
September 20, 2003, 12:00 PM
Can't help you with instructions, but a friend has one that I took down pretty far. Not too difficult, but lots of little pieces that tend to fall out when you're not looking. If I can get him to bring it over sometime, I'll take some pictures for you.

Does the owner want all the safeties gone?

chevrofreak
September 20, 2003, 12:50 PM
disabling the magazine disconnect is simple. remove the left grip panel, and wedge a small piece of toothpick under the disconnect. while you have the grip panel off you can remove the safety lever, and grind out that half moon piece so that once reassembled, you can remove the magazine with the safety off.

Sentry
September 20, 2003, 11:56 PM
He wants the magazine disconnect gone, and I'm not sure what the other one is. I don't have the thing in my hands left and I can't find any review info about it anymore for some reason. I think he's looking for a solution without any grinding or pick utensils being used, unfortunately.

chevrofreak
September 21, 2003, 03:29 AM
disabling the magazine disconnect is very simple. its just a spring bar that rubs against the magazine body. if you could hold it up and put a drop of solder under it it would be fine. i dont have my gun anymore (it broke, i cut it to pieces and threw it away) but i think you might actually be able to remove the whole spring bar.

Mannlicher
September 21, 2003, 07:11 PM
why bother, spray it out with brake cleaner. Toss it in the dumpster if it fails.

Sentry
September 22, 2003, 12:04 AM
Apparently some people can't read posts. I want to remove safeties, not clean the thing, and why would I throw a clients pistol in a dumpster? Not everyone can afford custom 1911's like you, and many people are highly satisfied with HP22's, by the way.

whalebluePRS
April 11, 2010, 05:19 PM
www.phoenix-arms.com

Been trying to call, nothing but an automated message, no chance to leave a message. But they do have a website.

MedWheeler
April 11, 2010, 11:03 PM
I'm one of those satisfied with my HP22A. Try bryco-jennings-jimenezarms.com.. they're not as "high road" over there..

David E
April 12, 2010, 12:24 AM
Disregard

jackstinson
April 12, 2010, 12:29 PM
You can download the HP22/25 manual here:
http://gunmanuals.net/Manuals/phoenix_hp22-hp22a-hp25-hp25a.pdf

Here is instruction text with photos on the magazine interlink safety ..... 5th post from top:
http://www.bryco-jennings-jimenezarms.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=115

keltex78
April 13, 2010, 05:07 PM
I disabled the magazine safety on mine by sticking a piece of toothpick behind the spring. I can turn it upside down and shake it out if I ever need to send my gun in for service and it will be just like new... It's been that way for 300-400 rounds now with no problems!

And add me to the list of satisfied Phoenix HP-22 owners as well; I found that mine did good for about 300 rounds without a cleaning, and then started having trouble feeding. After a good cleaning, it was back to running great! Now my only gripe is with the poor quality control of .22LR ammo these days.

If you enjoyed reading about "Phoenix Arms HP22 Disassembly" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!