CMMG 24" SS Bull Barrel 1:9 twist

PDA

Bevobud76
November 29, 2008, 10:49 AM
Ive been lookin at one of these for a while, does anybody have any background info on any of these? Seems to be a pretty good pickup.
Couple questions, hopefully somebody can help me out. The barrel is 24", what ammo would you preferably shoot? I would try out the 62gr 55gr bullets first. would 40gr be too small?
Will the longer barrel affect the type of bullet I use?
Last question, it's chambered for the 5.56, I understand the concept of the Wylde chamber with the .223s, but will I be able to shoot .223rds in the 5.56?

Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "CMMG 24" SS Bull Barrel 1:9 twist" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Coronach
November 29, 2008, 11:14 AM
1:9 twist should shoot most everything OK. You're in try-and-see what your gun likes territory.

Barrel length will affect velocity, but not much else. If you're relying on fragmentation for terminal effect (as opposed to a ballistic tip) this will give you a longer reliable-fragmentation range.

If it is a 5.56 chamber, you'll be able to shoot .223 out of it.

Mike

If you enjoyed reading about "CMMG 24" SS Bull Barrel 1:9 twist" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!