Swedish M96 (again) +pics

PDA

Ohio Gun Guy
November 29, 2008, 01:33 PM
Here is my last post on this rifle. Some of you may have seen the previous posts. Two weeks ago, I bought a bubba's swedish mauser for 100 dollars See before pic). I set out to clean it up and make something out of it, and had a lot of fun.

I sanded & polished all of the bright metal, buffed the blued metal, refinished the stock (faux tiger maple, the stock is actually birtch), fitted a scope mount (rings are coming for Christmas, maybe a different / smaller scope too), groung the follower, improved the safety, ground the bolt handle, etc.

I may attend the next gun show in my area and get another bubba'd something :cuss:for cheap and have some more fun :D

below the pictures are from this morning with the final coats of clear applied and all metal cleaned buffed, & oiled. :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Swedish M96 (again) +pics" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "Swedish M96 (again) +pics" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!