Are Tikka rifles controlled feed or push feed?

PDA

Balrog
November 29, 2008, 11:53 PM
I can't get a straight answer on this, and need help.

If you enjoyed reading about "Are Tikka rifles controlled feed or push feed?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
atblis
November 30, 2008, 12:01 AM
Push feed. Sako style extractor.

EDIT: Why do you care?

Balrog
November 30, 2008, 12:13 AM
Because I want to be able to shoot my gun while swinging upside down from monkey bars, and don't want my cartridges to fall out while I slowly cycle the bolt.

Tarvis
November 30, 2008, 12:35 AM
Question the first: have you had a problem with a push feed dropping rounds out before or is your quest academic?

Question the second: do you plan on hunting while inverted or in a low gravity environment?

Question the third: why are you slowly cycling the bolt? (I consider 3-5 seconds slow)

Question the fourth: why are you hunting off of monkey bars?

atblis
November 30, 2008, 12:43 AM
Ok. Sounds like you've already figured out that controlled round feed is worthless.

Balrog
November 30, 2008, 12:48 AM
No, I don't think its worthless. My question is mostly academic.

I take it from the tone of the responses that the question of controlled versus push feed must evoke the same types of emotional responses as "Glock v. 1911" and "9mm v 45"?

ugaarguy
November 30, 2008, 12:54 AM
I think it's a valid question. Controlled round feed has quantifiable advantages over, and no disadvantages against, push feed. If you want controlled round feed on a Tikka budget, get a CZ: They're nicer rifles IMO too.

Edit to add: To all the other folks - go easy on the new guy. If he wants controlled round feed, who cares? It's not like he's asking if he can get a Glock in factory gloss metallic colors just like you can on Cobras.

MountainWalk
November 30, 2008, 01:08 AM
I agree with a CZ being a better rifle. That, and with crf,, you can launch the cases far off, or gently eject them so you can take them out and save them.

Dr. Peter Venkman
November 30, 2008, 01:30 AM
Question the first: have you had a problem with a push feed dropping rounds out before or is your quest academic?

Question the second: do you plan on hunting while inverted or in a low gravity environment?

Question the third: why are you slowly cycling the bolt? (I consider 3-5 seconds slow)

Question the fourth: why are you hunting off of monkey bars?

Question the fifth: what is your quest?

Tang419
November 30, 2008, 01:55 AM
I like the CRF on my Ruger M77. It doesnt cause any problems, and might come in handy someday.

Tang419
November 30, 2008, 01:56 AM
I like the CRF on my Ruger M77. It doesnt cause any problems, and might come in handy someday.

ugaarguy
November 30, 2008, 02:30 AM
Question the fifth: what is your quest?
Question the sixth: What is your favourite colour?

atblis
November 30, 2008, 12:06 PM
Emotional? mehhhh. I've never had either fail on me. I just find it odd when people fixate on things that don't matter one bit.

MMCSRET
November 30, 2008, 12:26 PM
I have several of both and have hunted and shot targets in a lot of different situations and have never found CRF to be an advantage. One time I did break an extractor claw on a custom 98 when I got in a hurry and did not have the first round out of the magazine properly seated when I closed the bolt. Also, I've never had a problem with Winchester 94's and Marlin levers and none of them is CRF.

R.W.Dale
November 30, 2008, 12:41 PM
Question the sixth: What is your favourite colour?

Seven: What! is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow

db_tanker
November 30, 2008, 01:05 PM
African or European?

praharin
November 30, 2008, 02:28 PM
i dont know.... ahhhhhh!

Balrog
November 30, 2008, 04:59 PM
I have several of both and have hunted and shot targets in a lot of different situations and have never found CRF to be an advantage

Isn't that how it is supposed to be though? You don't need CRF on a day to day basis. CRF was designed for the unexpected.

I mean, I agree you are fine with a push feed until you find yourself upside down in a muddy trench with a muddy gun and a grizzly bear and squad of germans charging at you.

I would prefer a CRF in that situation I think.

MMCSRET
November 30, 2008, 05:16 PM
Balrog: I agree, but you still must have the presence of mind to properly load the magazine, which I did not. The rifles work perfectly until human hand intervention occurs.

Gord
November 30, 2008, 05:18 PM
Question the eighth: what color is the boathouse at Hereford?

Dr. Tad Hussein Winslow
November 30, 2008, 05:32 PM
do you plan on hunting while ..... in a low gravity environment?

Those Martian varieties of Chupacabra are hella deadly - you're gonna need CRF! :D :p

Isn't that how it is supposed to be though? You don't need CRF on a day to day basis. CRF was designed for the unexpected.

I mean, I agree you are fine with a push feed until you find yourself upside down in a muddy trench with a muddy gun and a grizzly bear and squad of germans charging at you.

I would prefer a CRF in that situation I think.

Exactly - large hairy toothy clawy things in Africa = Double rifle or CRF. Preferably Double rifle.

If you enjoyed reading about "Are Tikka rifles controlled feed or push feed?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!