Cannalure question

PDA

ar10
November 30, 2008, 10:08 AM
I have about 300 123gr .310 SP bullets for my 7.62x39mm CZ-527 I'd like to load. I'm wondering if it's necessary to crimp the cannalure or if I can load them like I did the non-cannalure Laupa bullets I just finished.
Will it affect the pressure or accuracy?

If you enjoyed reading about "Cannalure question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
steve4102
November 30, 2008, 10:10 AM
There is no reason you must use the cannelure. You are free to crimp or not crimp the choice is yours..

Walkalong
November 30, 2008, 11:13 AM
Personally, I would probably crimp them in the cannelure, but as stated, you don't have to. As long as they fit in the mag and don't jam into the rifling keeping them from chambering OK, they will work.

Since it is a bolt gun, your options are greater. Sounds like you are trying for accuracy here, and playing with the seating depth can help. It will not affect the pressure a lot unless you jam them into the lands. If, when playing with seating depth, you get close to touching the lands you may want to back off a tenth or two and work back up.

ar10
November 30, 2008, 12:06 PM
Yup. that's exactly what I'm doing. I'm trimming all my cases to 1.518 =+/- .001. Worked find for the Lapua 125g but wasn't sure on the cannalure bullets.
(Think I'll try a couple of crimps just to see if there's a difference). My biggest concern is I am pushing it almost to the max on powder though. Like I said the Lupua worked fine with that powder load but I wasn't sure on the cannalure bullets.

If you enjoyed reading about "Cannalure question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!