FEG surplus pistol

PDA

R3dundantC
November 30, 2008, 04:08 PM
Does anyone know anything about FEG surplus pistols? I was flipping through a issue of Shotgun News and noticed an add for "Hungarian AP-7 Pistols 7.65 Cal." they're $100 for one or $90 apiece if you buy more. I was thinking of buying a couple, but I'm getting kinda scared off by the fact that:
A) I have never heard of FEG and internet research has produced few results
B) Its a cheap pistol in a magazine.

Are they worth my time and money to pursue?

If you enjoyed reading about "FEG surplus pistol" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
trickyasafox
November 30, 2008, 08:43 PM
I have an FEG PA-63 and I love it. if the quality is similar (the guns are, the pa-63 was a pp clone in 9x18- I think the ap-7 is a pp clone in 380) then I wouldn't hesitate.

ricklin
November 30, 2008, 09:47 PM
Owned a PA 63 for 15+ years, one recoil spring change. Good pistol's if mine is any indicator. Cheap enough and good quality, just like I like em!

threefeathers
November 30, 2008, 09:59 PM
FEG is an excellent East European company that turns out quality weapons at a very reasonable price.

Bigdtc
November 30, 2008, 10:11 PM
+1 Great gun!

62fusil
December 1, 2008, 06:27 PM
The FEG PA-63 was one of my 1st handgun purchases. It came with the issue holster, mags, and cleaning rod for ~$120 out-the-door.

It's light, small, but accurate for its class. The Walther PPK grip style will tend to bite into your hand with warmer 9x18 rounds - so it's not the greatest 'plinker' pistol if you plan to shoot a lot at one time.

CDNN's latest catalog (2008-6) shows them in stock. I'm considering picking up one or two more as spares. It's hard to get much simpler than the blowback action.

rondog
December 1, 2008, 08:22 PM
I have a PA63, and I'd like to have several more to stash around the house/vehicles in "secret places". Not a lot of fun to shoot with the stiff DA trigger and harsh recoil, but it shoots good and is reliable.

Beowolf1911
December 1, 2008, 08:36 PM
FEG's are great guns I have a PA-63 as my compact CCW I do recomend replacing the springs and grips as they just are too rough, a buddy of mine had a smaller model in .380 I think it was a PP clone it did not need new springs, but the grips were still horible.

grimjaw
December 1, 2008, 09:09 PM
If the Hi-Power clone they manufacture is an indication of the rest of their products, it's probably a safe bet.

jm

propex
December 2, 2008, 10:00 AM
+1 with grimjaw

krs
December 2, 2008, 11:16 AM
Yep, basically an alloy framed Makarov. The lighter weight increases felt recoil and some people find it uncomfortable.

A good solid handgun usually sold at attractive prices. IMO, they're better made pistols than the equivolent Bersa models.

R3dundantC
December 4, 2008, 06:32 AM
Thanks for the input. I'm placing an order for a couple today.

If you enjoyed reading about "FEG surplus pistol" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!