Recoil Pad for Puma Model 92 .44 Magnum

PDA

jsmosby
November 30, 2008, 07:44 PM
I have had rotator cuff surger done on my right shoulder.

I'm thinking of getting Puma 92 .44 Magnum 24" barrel for hunting.

I don't even want to think of the recoil transmitted through a curved steel buttplate.

Does anyone know of a rubber recoil pad that can be placed over, or in place of the steel buttplate? I'd really appreciate it if you would let me know.

If you enjoyed reading about "Recoil Pad for Puma Model 92 .44 Magnum" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Shawnee
November 30, 2008, 08:46 PM
Nice rifle !

Give this a good look...

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=367156

... many use and like them a lot.

Also, the Puma .44mag. may not "kick" as quite much as you are anticipating.

Good Luck !
:cool:

corpsmanup!
November 30, 2008, 10:47 PM
I have a henry in .44 Mag and it has a brass butt plate and I will tell you that the recoil is VERY manageable. I might suggest just wearing a thick sweat shirt under your jacket that day.

SaxonPig
November 30, 2008, 11:20 PM
The 44 Magnum is punishing in a handgun but in a carbine it really isn't much at all.

greyling22
November 30, 2008, 11:41 PM
midway sells several grind to fit pachmayr pads. a half inch or less pad should be fine. you just screw it onto the but of your gun and trace the outline. take it off, hit it with a belt sander until it is close, then finish up with some hand sanding. should take an hour while watching tv. or you could get a slip on recoil pad. or buy a marlin with the pad pre-installed.
44mag is not bad in a rifle, but my bad shoulder is not the one taking the recoil.

If you enjoyed reading about "Recoil Pad for Puma Model 92 .44 Magnum" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!