Not getting e-mails

PDA

hotwheelz
November 30, 2008, 07:25 PM
I havent been getting update emails when someone posts to a thread Im involved in. I double checked to make sure Im subscribed and that there is no stuff in my junk email box and your not on the blocked list. Is it just me or are there others? Any ideas as to how to fix ?

If you enjoyed reading about "Not getting e-mails" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hotwheelz
December 3, 2008, 03:53 PM
no ideas here guys ????

Mal H
December 3, 2008, 04:38 PM
Sorry, I have no idea what's wrong with the email reception. We haven't gotten any other complaints at this point.

The Wiry Irishman
December 3, 2008, 05:09 PM
Mine's been spotty for quite a while. I only get emails notifications for maybe 50% of new posts.

Spot77
December 3, 2008, 05:53 PM
Years ago I had the same problem. I received my notifications fine for about two years and then they just stopped coming. We looked at everything we could think of - nothing had changed, my internet provider wasn't blocking the emails......couldn't figure it out.

Then one day the notifications started working again.

Someone suggested it had something to do with the notifications coming from vbulletin, which isn't really a "valid" email address. I'm internet illiterate, so I have no idea if that's true or not but it certainly doesn't explain the fact that it worked, stopped and started again with no known changes.

Gord
December 3, 2008, 07:04 PM
Generally, "check your spam folder" is the best advice in this sort of situation, but given that you already have, I'm at a loss...

The email address you signed up with matches the email you're checking for updates, right?

prism
December 4, 2008, 07:12 PM
http://intodns.com/thehighroad.org shows some MX mail problems.

another site I checked said it was ok, though.

ScoobyDoo
December 5, 2008, 09:44 PM
http://intodns.com/thehighroad.org shows some MX mail problems.

Oh man. Someone has some work to do.

If you enjoyed reading about "Not getting e-mails" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!