Are friends nagging you to sell them your guns?

PDA

Glock River
November 30, 2008, 09:19 PM
With the current nuttery, are your friends who squandered/procrastinated the last 4 years (since the ban expired) trying to get you to sell one of your "evil" guns to them (at a discount of course)?

If you enjoyed reading about "Are friends nagging you to sell them your guns?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Nugilum
November 30, 2008, 09:24 PM
No. They already know the answer.

CYANIDEGENOCIDE
November 30, 2008, 09:28 PM
not friends, because friends don't know what I have. But my brother-in-law and sister asked, fortunately we were all able to jump on a group buy for AR-15 lowers.

TIMC
November 30, 2008, 09:36 PM

+1

They probably would not even get half way through the offer before I was rolling on the floor laughing!

possum
November 30, 2008, 10:21 PM
nope, but that might be because they know i hold on to my stuff, especially the "good" stuff.

MIgunguy
November 30, 2008, 10:23 PM
No. They also know better than to ask, and/or don't know what I have, which I wouldn't sell anyway.

taliv
November 30, 2008, 10:23 PM
no, they're just asking me where to get some.

they're coming out of the woodwork, actually. it's kind of disturbing

Starship1st
November 30, 2008, 10:25 PM
Nada! My friends know that I could never part with the children. :cool:

Jefferson Herb
November 30, 2008, 10:30 PM
I refused to register my bushmaster and moved it noorth to comply with the law.I finally put it on the market for someone who wants a pkg:AR,12mags,and 350 rds.
Should I really need one of these,I know how to get it,and besides;I have a good range finder to learn with,and a .338RUM.They varment hunt with the lapua in afganistan.should be ok for us cartrige in us right?

Frog48
November 30, 2008, 10:37 PM

+1

They probably would not even get half way through the offer before I was rolling on the floor laughing!

+1 They know better.

Birddog1911
November 30, 2008, 10:37 PM
Quote: refused to register my bushmaster and moved it noorth to comply with the law.I finally put it on the market for someone who wants a pkg:AR,12mags,and 350 rds.
Should I really need one of these,I know how to get it,and besides;I have a good range finder to learn with,and a .338RUM.They varment hunt with the lapua in afganistan.should be ok for us cartrige in us right?

I'm sorry, but I have absolutely no idea what you are trying to say here. Please try to use proper grammar when posting to help us all out.

Trebor
November 30, 2008, 10:41 PM
No. My friends have more class then that.

cobra2411
November 30, 2008, 11:09 PM
Just took a friend to the range today for his first time shooting. It was kinda funny, he new I like to shoot from a mutual friend so he called me the other day and asked me all kinds of stupid questions then finally just blurted out "Can I shoot one of your guns?"

So we went to the range and I started him on a Ruger Super Six .22lr... After a 1/2 hour of shooting that I introduced him to my 45 Vaquero's, my 1911, my .44 Redhawk and 92 carbine...

Next time he wants to rent a few guns including a glock and H&K...

Think we've got another convert... :)

anymanusa
November 30, 2008, 11:18 PM
all of my friends know better than to ask, but they are asking where they can get one of their own.

They are available locally, but online they are sold out.

22-rimfire
November 30, 2008, 11:21 PM
Nope. Most don't even know I own any guns. Oh you said "frineds", yes they know and they know where the store is. I can usually point them in the right direction if they want to ask.

Prepster
November 30, 2008, 11:26 PM
I keep heckling my buddy to sell me his S+W 29 classic, but he knows I'm joking...sort of.

I haven't really had the problem myself, but then again most of my friends don't own firearms in the first place.

Bozo
November 30, 2008, 11:35 PM
"Are friends nagging you to sell them your guns?"

Now, if they did that, would they really be your friends?

Jefferson Herb
December 1, 2008, 12:16 AM
Bushmaster: AR15 type rifle,.338RUM : Remmington Ultra Mag-the .338 lapua is popular sniper caliber in middel east- the rest: read between the lines -Big Brother is'nt to be trusted.

catfish101
December 1, 2008, 12:35 AM
I have been trying to get a friend to sell me a Fox side by side shotgun for years now. One day I might get lucky. He did tell me if he died before me it was mine. Of coarse I am not wishing bad luck.:D:evil:

wyocarp
December 1, 2008, 12:56 AM
I recently had a co-worker try to get me to sell him a gun. I just told him that I don't sell my guns, period.

evan price
December 1, 2008, 01:17 AM
Actually, I've been buying from people who want to sell now before their guns become valueless (so they think) once they are banned... :)

LiquidTension
December 1, 2008, 04:20 AM
Nope. I've somehow surrounded myself with people that are still under the impression that everything is going to get better over the next 4-8 years. Not quite sure how that happened.

That said, I do have a 5.5" Redhawk in .44mag for sale. Bites my finger something terrible...

Kragax
December 1, 2008, 05:44 AM
I have no friends.

America
December 1, 2008, 08:33 AM
No friends or relatives wanting to buy guns but wanting info on how to get a concealed license and just general newby gun questions.

In fact the wifes little sister,the ultra liberal, called last night saying she and hubby were getting their concealed licenses.

It seems they got robbed and just want to feel a bit safer.

I am sure they could have talked the badguy out of it if they had gotten to dialogue with him. Wink!

The Wiry Irishman
December 1, 2008, 10:26 AM
I've been jokingly trying to get my friend to sell me four or five out of his enormous stash of FAL mags for about a year now.

WVMountainBoy
December 1, 2008, 10:27 AM
No, haven't had any thing of the sort. I've had several friends ask to go out shooting one of my weapons so that they can see if they like it. I've been the best commercial for SF XD's in the area. So far, every friend that has shot my Subcompact .40 has bought one. Thats 3 of them. Several of my friends have also bought small .38's after finding that they do handle well.

Mannlicher
December 1, 2008, 10:29 AM
Why would any of your friends know you even have guns? Best course of action is to share with no one what you have.

30 cal slob
December 1, 2008, 10:48 AM
well, i have to say that my shooting friends and acquaintences aren't really bugging me ... since they are equally or more whorish than i am when it comes to gear acquisitiveness. :eek:

i do get a lot of requests for ADVICE on what to buy ... what mags, what upper receivers, who to buy from, etc.

increasingly, we are putting our heads together to see what we have accumulated collectively, and are coming up with trade/swap ideas. i have to say this is kind of fun.

Walkalong
December 1, 2008, 10:57 AM
Nope, they know I won't, but
they're coming out of the woodwork, actually.
Yep, wanting to know where to get a deal. Arghhh.

Eightball
December 1, 2008, 02:03 PM
They either don't know what I have, or know that I'd tell them to get their own, which they should've done this entire time.

Dain Bramage
December 1, 2008, 02:13 PM
No, but I've got family that is seeing the light and asking for some shooting instruction. I have a college-student niece, and her boyfriend, coming up for range time this Christmas break.

He's pre-med, so it's nice he hasn't drunk the AMA Kool-aid yet.

vanguard
December 1, 2008, 02:40 PM
You should sell me your AR, I'll give you $150. :D

Brian Dale
December 1, 2008, 06:33 PM
Everybody around here already has their own guns. :)

SuperNaut
December 1, 2008, 06:40 PM
What guns?

Seriously though, my friends and I have such radically different taste in firearms, it'd never come up. Oh wait, you meant friends that don't already own firearms... Yeah, I don't have any of those. :)

guntotinguy
December 1, 2008, 06:46 PM
Ummm no...my friends are as well armed and ammo stocked as I am.

Darthbauer
December 1, 2008, 06:47 PM
No, everyone just says they are coming to my house when shtf cause I got enough to go around.

Claymore1500
December 1, 2008, 09:29 PM
No, everyone just says they are coming to my house when shtf cause I got enough to go around.

Yea! That's pretty much the same thing I get all of the time.

I think I'll change all of the locks tomorrow.

If you enjoyed reading about "Are friends nagging you to sell them your guns?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!