Hi Point Carbine. California legal?

PDA

Big B
November 30, 2008, 11:15 PM
After doing some research I decided that I want to try one. Cheap gun, cheaper ammo, and a pistol grip.:D Many people who have them claim that they are reliable and accurate enough for SD/Range use, but are they legal to buy in Ca. I know the rules concerning AR rifles in Ca, but can't seem to find info on pistol grip carbines like the Hi Point and the Kel Tec.
BTW I know the Hi Point is ugly, but the Kel Tec is no looker either:neener:

If you enjoyed reading about "Hi Point Carbine. California legal?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JImbothefiveth
November 30, 2008, 11:18 PM
Look under any "assault weapon" laws they have. It probably is.

SaxonPig
November 30, 2008, 11:19 PM
Any magazine over 10 rounds is banned.

Big B
November 30, 2008, 11:32 PM
As far as I know the Hi Point has a 10 rd mag. I just don't know about having a magazine in the pistol grip. I admit when looking at state laws my legaleze is pretty rusty.

railroader
December 1, 2008, 12:45 AM
Pistol grip and a detachable mag is a no go. Mark

hotlead
December 1, 2008, 01:12 AM
So if I put a aftermarket pistol grip stock on my 10/22 it will be a no-go?

Curiousity
December 1, 2008, 01:44 AM
calguns.net

ask away, they require a mag lock device for the magazine to make it non detachable.. and you can import them once it is installed.

railroader
December 1, 2008, 10:30 AM
So if I put a aftermarket pistol grip stock on my 10/22 it will be a no-go?

Rimfire are exempt in california.

If you enjoyed reading about "Hi Point Carbine. California legal?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!