Bill Ruger Commemorative .22

PDA

Joe Demko
September 20, 2003, 04:15 PM
Has everybody seen it in the new American Rifleman?

I just wanted to note that it would be more appropriate to package it in a ham can than in that red plastic box.

If you enjoyed reading about "Bill Ruger Commemorative .22" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Byron
September 20, 2003, 05:56 PM
I got one about a month or so ago. I am not sure of the production run. The one I got seems to shoot more accurate than other Mark II's. Byron

El Tejon
September 20, 2003, 06:13 PM
No honest man needs a Ruger.

Standing Wolf
September 20, 2003, 07:10 PM
I've thought several times about buying a Ruger Mark II. Clark makes good replacement barrels, and Volquartsen offers good replacement internal parts. Now, if I could just figure out a way to get rid of the insulting safety message stamped into the receiver...

ajacobs
September 20, 2003, 08:02 PM
The message is stamped in the barrel so if you are replacing it there would be none.

Standing Wolf
September 20, 2003, 11:14 PM
The message is stamped in the barrel so if you are replacing it there would be none.

That's what I thought, too, but the billboard was stamped into the frame of the Mark II I looked at about two weeks ago. If it had been stamped into the barrel, I'd have bought it.

hksw
September 21, 2003, 10:34 AM
Is it me or does the gun in the first two page spread photo look like the engraving was done by hand. In the third photo it looks normally stamped.

Joe Demko
September 21, 2003, 01:45 PM
I saw one in the flesh at Gander Mountain today. Not near as pretty as the pictures.

Jeff OTMG
September 21, 2003, 02:28 PM
I'd rather piss on Bill Ruger's grave than buy one of his guns.

Nero Steptoe
September 21, 2003, 02:37 PM
I haven't seen the commemorative yet. Is it engraved with something like, " No honest man needs more than 10 rounds?"

JohnBT
September 21, 2003, 03:05 PM
Somebody rename this place THELOWROAD while my power was off?

John

answerguy
September 21, 2003, 04:29 PM
Somebody rename this place THELOWROAD while my power was off?

You do understand why they are ragging on Bill Ruger , don't you?

Mark Tyson
September 21, 2003, 05:08 PM
That knife in our collective backs has Bill Ruger's name engraved on it too.

JohnBT
September 21, 2003, 09:13 PM
"You do understand why they are ragging on Bill Ruger , don't you?"

I was born at night, but it wasn't last night. ;)

My complaint has to do with respect for the dead and the professed ideals of THR. The idea of defiling a grave - for shame. I don't believe such filth belongs here for the world to see. There used to be a psuedo-gun forum, maybe still is, called www.pottymouth or some such.

And if the man felt 10 rounds was enough...well, it is America and he was entitled to speak his mind.

John

Preacherman
September 21, 2003, 09:17 PM
Folks, I think that bad-mouthing someone who is dead is NOT the High Road approach. We may disagree with his position on magazine capacity, etc., but that's no reason to descend to the gutter along with our anti-RKBA opponents.

Closed.

If you enjoyed reading about "Bill Ruger Commemorative .22" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!